GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
All those cheap deals... and none of those deals where offered or matched by the players team, always a different team.
Wonder why?...

Ferland was asking for a lot more money and term from Carolina during the year. Had a poor playoff.

Dzingel was one of the Blue Jackets worst players this playoffs.

I think overall outside of a few deals. GMs haven't paid a lot out. Not using the escalator is really pinching the middle tier FAs

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ferland was asking for a lot more money and term from Carolina during the year. Had a poor playoff.

I think overall outside of a few deals. GMs haven't paid a lot out. Not using the escalator is really pinching the middle tier FAs
I agree don't need these underachieving cap eating players. Put Coyle with David k and Jake. 3rd line kid line with stud seny and danton. 4th line and 1st line we all know. Let's roll.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Agreed, was also my point that those players in the eyes of other teams are not worth what the players agents thought.
Hence in reality not really a cheap deal.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wow these signings are confusing lol. All 4 of these players signed this year and their P/GP over the last two seasons is very similar...yet the money is all over the place.

Meier - .64 P/GP (4yrs @ $6.0 million)
Dzingel - .62 P/GP (2yrs @ $3.3 million)
Labanc - .60 P/GP (1yr @ $1 million)
Eberle - .60 P/GP (5yr @ $5.5 million)

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Top contributors will take the biggest part of the cake, it's not as cheap no more to fill out the bottom of the roster.
Between the kids and the vets those in middle have to perform in order to cash in, if not they'll bounce from team to team at lesser pay. Like were seeing now.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Wow these signings are confusing lol. All 4 of these players signed this year and their P/GP over the last two seasons is very similar...yet the money is all over the place.

That Labanc deal is just insanity. They must be promising the world to him behind closed doors.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I

want none of them lol. But I know what you are saying though .

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Marner still isn't signed. Lets wait and see what happens with there leading scorer.

Marner may have permenantly damaged his relationship not only with the Leafs but certainly with their fans over this. Nylander has never regained the place in Leafs fans minds/hearts he once occupied before his contract holdout. May be a harsh lesson about the worth of money for Mitch.

Of course, continued success might wash that from the fickle mobs mind soon enough as well.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This has to be the least interesting free agency ever. Just feels like there's a massive logjam with teams having cap issues. In the end it's led to GMs making smarter decisions. Definitely not a players market out there right now.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Face it guys it's kids or bust this year. Nothing is gonna happen now. We have to eat backes contract plain and simple. Donny won't move first round pick and nobody wants our bust zboril or seny though I think he isn't a bust just confused. Donny won't part with vak or stud also. Checkmate.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Face it guys it's kids or bust this year. Nothing is gonna happen now. We have to eat backes contract plain and simple. Donny won't move first round pick and nobody wants our bust zboril or seny though I think he isn't a bust just confused. Donny won't part with vak or stud also. Checkmate.

It is what it is. Certainly not doom & gloom as some would suggest. We can wax poetic over some of the kids, "not panning out yet"(Seny, Zboril specifically) or not signing Ferland, et al yada yada until we are blue in the face. Let's see this thing through before we start planning the eulogy on a season that hasn't started yet...lol. I believe that we will be fine.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad