2019 NHL Bracket Challenge

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
But will you count the... ultra... Mega... CHICKEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

superchicken2.gif

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Didn't make any bracket sadly... Just voted on the main board, though, for each series (I thought). Hasn't altered anything even when it could be done.

My inventory now:

Nashville-Dallas, Dallas in 6. Wow.
Hurricanes - Washington, Canes in 7. Huh. Can still be. But I don't think so anymore.
Colorado- Calgary: the one I didn't vote on, apparently. Very annoying, I thought I voted on them all. I'll honestly claim I expected Colorado to have an easy ride, though. So I'll say to myself I was close.
Blues- Jets: Had Blues in 4. A tad optimistic, but the right outcome.
Boston- Toronto: Boston in 7. Wow.
Tampa- CBJ: Here I'll just point out I was right about the number of games. OK, my bracket would have been dead as a dodo on this one. As all brackets not belonging to optimistic CBJ-fans? :laugh:
Pens- Islanders: I had Islanders in 7. Not that bad. Overestimated the Penguins, though. There is good in this. To find out you have overestimated the Penguins must be one of the best corrections IMHO.
Sharks- Knights. Had Vegas in 4. This one was (eh) not very good, either. Probably the series I'll lost the most actual dollars (or NOKs) on in a long while, kept thinking Vegas would win the next game in regulation, and nope.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I think I have last place wrapped up - working on an oh-fer.

I can't pick the winning teams, but I was able to correctly pick the number of games needed in 6 of the 8 series. Small victories... :sarcasm::dunno:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think I have last place wrapped up - working on an oh-fer.

I can't pick the winning teams, but I was able to correctly pick the number of games needed in 6 of the 8 series. Small victories... :sarcasm::dunno:

So next year make your picks on paper, then create your bracket with the exact opposite. Brilliant!

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Well, I don't need to worry about checking my score...

What consolation prize does last place get, haha?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I ended up 4 for 8 in the 1st rd. Although I had picked Washington, my heart was rooting for Carolina last night. If the Sharks can go all the way my bracket might finish off not so bad.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
To post my "updated" predicitons for 2nd round:

Stars in 5
Carolina in 6
Colorado in 6
Jackets in 4

Oh, continuation.

Colorado in 6 over Stars
Jackets in 4 over Carolina

Colorado wins SCF in 5.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Dayum you got swept :laugh:

that's oddly impressive.

Funny thing is, I am actually not a bad gambler. I play and teach some poker and pretty much know the most profitable lines to take in other games and table games (avoid all table games except blackjack, baccarat, and if you just want to sit down for a few hours and pound drinks in Vegas, find a cheap pai gow table- very unlikely that you lose a ton over the course of time).

Sports gambling (minus horse racing) is probably one of my weaker areas, though. Hockey especially, as there are much easier ways to steal games in hockey than in basketball or football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad