Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL ALL STAR GAME - NBC, CBC, TVAS

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
They need to ditch the every team needs to be represented and take voting away from fans. I want to see real all-stars, not a popularity contest like I'm in ****ing high school again

This. Make it actually mean something again. Another reason I think players don’t really give two shits. Why should fans have vote? Like come on. So ridiculous. Also ditch the 3v3 it’s f***in lame watching goalies just get hung out to dry every play. And seeing a bunch of guys floating around waiting for a pass. It’s not exciting at all, and surprisingly boring. This is worse than NA vs the World...East vs West 5v5 had some epic games in the 80s/90s and I guess some in 00s

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This. Make it actually mean something again. Another reason I think players don’t really give two ****s. Why should fans have vote? Like come on. So ridiculous. Also ditch the 3v3 it’s ****in lame watching goalies just get hung out to dry every play. And seeing a bunch of guys floating around waiting for a pass. It’s not exciting at all, and surprisingly boring. This is worse than NA vs the World...East vs West 5v5 had some epic games in the 80s/90s and I guess some in 00s

Honestly they could do away with the game and just make more skills Boston stuff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I don't know tbh but yes I haven't seen one on TV in years

I would be more excited to see some old faces. The problem is most of them can't really play anymore and the games are Beer League all star level. Not gonna draw advertising $$$

But I would pay to go to one.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I think the skills competition lacks. If your gonna do that, I want the best of the best.

I want to see guys like Chara, Weber in hardest shot..

Larkin fastest skater etc...

Not just whoever got voted in. It’s a joke..

I dunno how’d they’d do this...hold it individually with teams and send the top guys from each team for an event? I dunno. The players don’t give any f***s about that stuff like fans so we’re lucky we get what we get. But can’t help feel I’m being cheated knowing guys like Chara b Weber still play but their all star days are behind them. Shame

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I’d imagine every NBC game is cluttered with this stuff next year. That seems to be what they said..

I mean sure seeing how fast someone was skating is cool, or how fast a shot was. A small thing under the score is fine..

I don’t need names plastered above players like it’s a video game tho. It’s too damn much. And unnecessary. I really doubt it changes much for an average fan either. Doubt it brings many new fans.

The puck tracker meh, I can ignore it. Doesn’t bother me much. After awhile I didn’t even notice. Tho I don’t need it with HD who needs that?

More statistics are great, I just don’t want them all over my screen during live play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->