NFL: 2019 NFL season news & notes discussion thread (Bruce Allen removed from football ops in WSH)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I find it amazing you actually pretend there was a debate about Spygate. There wasn’t and there isn’t. There is no debate to eliminate.

I don’t know if you’d call it a debate but the Pats weren’t doing anything too crazy. John Madden has even said live on air previously that Spygate was common place in the football world.

The issue was that Mangini made it public info and that forced the league to act.

Reactions: DangleCity

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I don't know why they didn't. Only a few people probably know the answer to that. They probably thought they were doing the Patriots a solid by destroying them, but it definitely hurt them in the long run. The unknown of what was on the tapes, is without a doubt far worse than what the tapes actually contained. The fact that they didnt release them has allowed 15 years of people's imaginations to run wild and write their own narrative.

Exactly what I was getting at...it’s not hard to just release it and put an end to all speculation (can’t now obviously).

They probably will when the investigation is over. apparently the Bengals videotaped the monitor set up in the pressbox too. If the league doesn't release it it will probably be leaked.

I think that’s the only way the league comes out in a positive light. They destroy it and it’ll look like they’re covering up for the Patriots again.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t know if you’d call it a debate but the Pats weren’t doing anything too crazy. John Madden has even said live on air previously that Spygate was common place in the football world.

The issue was that Mangini made it public info and that forced the league to act.
Yes, but Madden was doing it before there was a rule against it.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Now imagine if the tables were turned......

He called the guy a r_tard, so if a mentally challenged person said something to him?

I know you're trying to bring race into it, but doesn't fit here.

He still hasn't deleted the tweet and continues to go at it with people :laugh:

I won't direct link to the tweet, but it's here (just take the space out):

https://twitter.com/JjenkzLockdown/status/ 1204788205389860866

He should probably just delete it and shut up about it...

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Was that second article writte by a 10 year old? Because thats how it reads

-Patriots should be kicked out of the playoffs
-BB should not make the HOF
-The Steelers are a model franchise

Lmao

So, there's someone else out there as delusional as SouthGeorge :dunce:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LOL Jerry with some serious cognitive dissonance

He forgot the part where Johnson told him which college players to draft, then said players resulted in 3 titles.

But while a coach in Dallas would have already a good RB and QB the problem is Jones himself. As the owner and GM hes obviously way too hands on so it's hard to get a good veteran coach to run with that

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Surprise surprise - now that he's looking for work former Giants CB Janoris Jenkins now admits that he was wrong. :shakehead

from cbssports.com:

In speaking with TMZ Sports later Friday afternoon, Jenkins revealed his sudden moment of clarity, and wants everyone to know he's ready to put it all behind him.

"You just admit to it," he said. "Admit that you did wrong, which I did."

Fact check: He didn't admit he did anything wrong initially, hence his release. Instead, he attempted to excuse it away, quantifying the slur as a word he used growing up.

"At the end of the day it's my slang," he told media just one day before being fired by the Giants, per Pro Football Talk. "So if you take it how you're going to take it, it's on you. I don't mean to offend nobody. My dad always told me, 'Speak freely and own up to what you say.'

"So I always speak freely as a man and I speak how I want to speak."

In his about-face to TMZ, however, he speaks of growth and seeks absolution.

"It's always a learning moment," Jenkins said. "Everybody's going to learn from different situations. Move forward and learn."

Full story here: www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-giants-cornerback-janoris-jenkins-finally-admits-wrongdoing-following-slur-release-from-team/

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

This is a real relief after watching the third stringer Joey Hunt get blown up by Aaron Donald all day. This guy isn't starter material either but still a step up.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
They just showed the Patriots cheating footage on Fox. When I find it on Twitter, I will make a thread.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

This is a real relief after watching the third stringer Joey Hunt get blown up by Aaron Donald all day. This guy isn't starter material either but still a step up.

Depth move. It’s his 3rd year in the NFL and he hasn’t been able to secure a starting role. Aside from Brown and Britt, he’s competing with Ifedi the RT who hasn’t lived up to expectations, along with Fluker and Ipati two veterans at guard. 2017 not a great draft for John Schneider. He traded down a like 3 times from his first pick only to get McDowell who had an atv accident. Then it was Pocic and a bunch of guys who are depth players. No starter from that class.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

You're using Madden as a character reference...:whaaa?:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad