NFL: 2019 NFL season news & notes discussion thread (Bruce Allen removed from football ops in WSH)

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Why did the NFL destroy the original SpyGate film?

Why would the NFL not release the film form SpyGate and now this?

If they were cheating, show the whole world as opposed destroying it and expecting people to believe whatever the NFL wants to say it was.
It doesn't really matter. We know what was on the tapes (film of the Jets defensive coaches), it wasnt the content of the tapes that was the issue, it was the location from which they filmed

member 157595

The Bengals are terrible though, not sure why you'd cheat or try to cheat when you're about to play them anyway.

Knowing Mike Brown, he'd be happy to get an unpaid intern to film the Bengals in order to sell the tapes to the Patriots for an extra five dollars.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
They said 8 mins of the sideline that included players running on and off the field and coaches calling plays and signaling. Again people just love distorting the truth.

Lol "8 mins of Bengals signals"

Ahh yes. They were just recording the Bengals sideline to see how they operate and drink gatorade. You have to think more highly of Belicheats cheating skill then that.

via the BostonGlobe

“They’re not getting out of this one,” said one league source with close ties to the Bengals. “They got caught red-handed. I mean, dead to rights. Too much of this stuff is on tape.”

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Sounds like the league, while taking its time, as of right now doesn't believe that this is an issue of competitiveness and not a football matter.

She also said, in another video, that she doesn't know that it would be a story at all if it were any other team and that league officials who've seen the video don't believe there is anything on them that you couldn't get from the TV broadcast or the coaches film.

That said, I'd still bet the Pats get some kind of fine just for not communicating properly about what they were doing, although PFT posted recently that severe sanctions are unlikely.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Sounds like the league, while taking its time, as of right now doesn't believe that this is an issue of competitiveness and not a football matter.

She also said, in another video, that she doesn't know that it would be a story at all if it were any other team and that league officials who've seen the video don't believe there is anything on them that you couldn't get from the TV broadcast or the coaches film.

That said, I'd still bet the Pats get some kind of fine just for not communicating properly about what they were doing.

Its pretty balantly obvious that they weren't trying to hide what they were doing. The camera they were filming from was hooked up to a monitor in the press box for everyone to see.

Reactions: pockets

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Its pretty balantly obvious that they weren't trying to hide what they were doing. The camera they were filming from was hooked up to a monitor in the press box for everyone to see.
C'mon, you and I both know that facts don't matter when it comes to the Pats. Seriously, it's unbelievable that some people actually think the Pats have created the Do Your Job video series, which has been produced for well over a year, just so they could spy on the f***n Bengals for this one game :facepalm:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
What an idiot. :facepalm:

from espn.com:

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins tweeted a disparaging remark in response to a critical fan Wednesday while the New York Giants were on the practice field.

Jenkins was not practicing because of an ankle injury. He was defending his play this season while his teammates were on the field. Jenkins took exception to a fan who asked why the stats Jenkins was using to showcase his effectiveness weren't contributing to any wins.

"I can only do my job.. Pejorative Slur," Jenkins tweeted.

Full story here: www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28276071/giants-janoris-jenkins-tweets-insult-fan-practice

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
C'mon, you and I both know that facts don't matter when it comes to the Pats. Seriously, it's unbelievable that some people actually think the Pats have created the Do Your Job video series, which has been produced for well over a year, just so they could spy on the ****n Bengals for this one game :facepalm:

No, they've been doing this since Spygate to spy on teams not just for the Bengals. It was already their built in excuse if caught during Spygate. They want to be documented so bad why have they never volunteered to do Hard Knocks.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
You think the appropriate way to handle the Patriots cheating is to give their signal-stealing videos to the rest of the league?

Yes actually. Show the whole league what is not acceptable and hold the Patriots accountable. If teams haven’t changed their signals, then they suck and deserve to be at a disadvantage.

It doesn't really matter. We know what was on the tapes (film of the Jets defensive coaches), it wasnt the content of the tapes that was the issue, it was the location from which they filmed

Still use the footage as a means to show exactly what is not acceptable.

I do believe they were in the wrong but I was genuinely asking why the NFL wouldn’t release the footage to clear themselves of any scrutiny...lord knows they don’t need any more bad press.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Just like when the NFL suspended Ray Rice for 2 games for abusing his fiancée, nobody needed to see the video after they disciplined him right?
This makes no sense, but whatever. The point is the league does not have to meet your invented and unrealistic standards of proof. The league will be just fine if some Patriots fan on a hockey message board still remains upset about a previous time the Patriots were caught cheating.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
This makes no sense, but whatever. The point is the league does not have to meet your invented and unrealistic standards of proof. The league will be just fine if some Patriots fan on a hockey message board still remains upset about a previous time the Patriots were caught cheating.

I’m far from a Patriot fan, I just want to see the video for myself, alongside a huge amount of media personnel, virtually every die hard Patriot fan (to vindicate them of wrongdoing) and Patriot haters (to bury them and be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were in fact cheating).

You may think it doesn’t make sense, but prior to TMZ releasing the video to the public of the stay Rice situation, NFL took domestic abuse lightly (punishment wise). They had to go and issue more games to try and save face, and still failed spectacularly.

Nobody ever claimed that the league has to conform to anybody...but they already have the actual proof in form of a video recording.

It must be hard to comprehend that simply releasing the video clears things up.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m far from a Patriot fan, I just want to see the video for myself, alongside a huge amount of media personnel, virtually every die hard Patriot fan (to vindicate them of wrongdoing) and Patriot haters (to bury them and be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were in fact cheating).

You may think it doesn’t make sense, but prior to TMZ releasing the video to the public of the stay Rice situation, NFL took domestic abuse lightly (punishment wise). They had to go and issue more games to try and save face, and still failed spectacularly.

Nobody ever claimed that the league has to conform to anybody...but they already have the actual proof in form of a video recording.

It must be hard to comprehend that simply releasing the video clears things up.
Trying to connect this to a Ray Rice is a bad look.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Trying to connect this to a Ray Rice is a bad look.

Not really. Ray Rice situation drastically changed how the league handles things, because people saw how bad it was.

Transparency actually made a difference.

Transparency here would prove beyond reasonable doubt whether they did or did not cheat. You already have talking heads taking polar opposite sides, so why not eliminate it?

That’s all moot if the NFL wants the attention and is perfectly fine with keeping it a secret.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Not really. Ray Rice situation drastically changed how the league handles things, because people saw how bad it was.

Transparency actually made a difference.

Transparency here would prove beyond reasonable doubt whether they did or did not cheat. You already have talking heads taking polar opposite sides, so why not eliminate it?

That’s all moot if the NFL wants the attention and is perfectly fine with keeping it a secret.
I find it amazing you actually pretend there was a debate about Spygate. There wasn’t and there isn’t. There is no debate to eliminate.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yes actually. Show the whole league what is not acceptable and hold the Patriots accountable. If teams haven’t changed their signals, then they suck and deserve to be at a disadvantage.

Still use the footage as a means to show exactly what is not acceptable.

I do believe they were in the wrong but I was genuinely asking why the NFL wouldn’t release the footage to clear themselves of any scrutiny...lord knows they don’t need any more bad press.
I don't know why they didn't. Only a few people probably know the answer to that. They probably thought they were doing the Patriots a solid by destroying them, but it definitely hurt them in the long run. The unknown of what was on the tapes, is without a doubt far worse than what the tapes actually contained. The fact that they didnt release them has allowed 15 years of people's imaginations to run wild and write their own narrative.

Reactions: J T Money

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I’m talking about what’s currently going on...they have the film, so release it?
They probably will when the investigation is over. apparently the Bengals videotaped the monitor set up in the pressbox too. If the league doesn't release it it will probably be leaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: J T Money
Mar 1, 2002
Clinton Portis among retired NFL players charged in health care benefit scam - CNN

CNN)Former Pro Bowl running back Clinton Portis and a number of retired NFL players were charged by a federal grand jury with defrauding the NFL's health care benefit plan, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday.

The former NFL players allegedly submitted fraudulent health care claims seeking to be reimbursed for "expensive medical equipment" even though the equipment was never purchased, court records show.

According to an indictment unsealed in Kentucky, the former players are accused of submitting claims for equipment such as "hyperbaric oxygen chambers, ultrasound machines designed for use by a doctor's office to conduct women's health examinations, and electromagnetic therapy devices designed for use on horses."

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Clinton Portis among retired NFL players charged in health care benefit scam - CNN

CNN)Former Pro Bowl running back Clinton Portis and a number of retired NFL players were charged by a federal grand jury with defrauding the NFL's health care benefit plan, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday.

The former NFL players allegedly submitted fraudulent health care claims seeking to be reimbursed for "expensive medical equipment" even though the equipment was never purchased, court records show.

According to an indictment unsealed in Kentucky, the former players are accused of submitting claims for equipment such as "hyperbaric oxygen chambers, ultrasound machines designed for use by a doctor's office to conduct women's health examinations, and electromagnetic therapy devices designed for use on horses."

Shit like this ruins what other players have worked hard to create.

:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->