NFL: 2019 NFL season news & notes discussion thread (Bruce Allen removed from football ops in WSH)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Cowboys released Alfred Morris, the nicest person in the NFL, to make room for Zeke. Morris doesn’t play special teams, so he was the odd man out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Aaron Rodgers has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and has won as many Super Bowls as: Drew Brees, Len Dawson, Trent Dilfer, Brett Favre, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon, Joe Namath, Mark Rypien, Phil Simms, Ken Stabler, Joe Theismann, Johnny Unitas, Kurt Warner, Doug Williams, Russell Wilson, and Steve Young.

Has more MVPs than all of them except Unitas and Favre, tied with Young. Will also probably finish with better stats than all of them except maybe Brees & Favre.

What an irrelevant post with no context :facepalm:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Multiple Dolphins players requested to be traded after 59-10 loss to the Ravens, PFT reports

With this and the report of mutiny over the Tunsil trade i believe it. That locker room is a bad, bad way.
Good riddance! Any player who was dumb enough to actually believe that the endgame was not an all-out tank, was not too smart to begin with. The laughable thing was coaches trying to convince the general public that they were all in to win very game. Winning enough games to have another mediocre record would be a disaster. Lets just get rid of anyone who does not want to be here now & assure the tank proceeds as needed.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lot of people in Miami seem appalled by the game yesterday.

I;m not gonna lie, i was, and still am fully onboard with the tank but i'm concerned that the idea of doing it for 16, or possibly more if you go full on Sixers could do irreversible damage to an already battered organization.

Based on the one game i'd say it's already happening given Minkah played by far his worst game of football ever. That type of culture can have a bad effect on younger players

I guess what i'm saying is you morons in the front office better make this count

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Lot of people in Miami seem appalled by the game yesterday.

I;m not gonna lie, i was, and still am fully onboard with the tank but i'm concerned that the idea of doing it for 16, or possibly more if you go full on Sixers could do irreversible damage to an already battered organization.

Based on the one game i'd say it's already happening given Minkah played by far his worst game of football ever. That type of culture can have a bad effect on younger players

I guess what i'm saying is you morons in the front office better make this count
For the most part, I really don't get fans here in Miami. The entire off season, most fans seemed to be all in on the tank & actually sounded concerned when it appeared they might actually try to be competitive. (i.e. trading for Rosen). Then I'm watching the game, & they are booing like 5 minutes in. Now I realize, those folks spent a ton of $$$$ to sit in 95 degree heat, many having had a beer or 2, but if they honestly were surprised at what they were seeing (especially against a team that has owned us even when we had quality players), then I don't know what to say. I know yesterday was a horrible look & we are getting panned nationally, but if we are going to lose, may as well just lose big! :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
https://www.tsn.ca/girlfriend-of-browns-de-smith-killed-in-roadside-accident-1.1363892

CLEVELAND — The girlfriend of Browns defensive end Chris Smith was killed in a roadside accident that happened after his car spun out on the highway.
The team said Petara Cordero died when she was struck by an oncoming car on I-90 West at around 2 a.m. Wednesday. Cordero was a passenger in Smith's Lamborghini, which had a tire malfunction and he struck the median wall.
Cordero exited the vehicle and was standing on the road's shoulder when a car driven by a 47-year-old woman smashed into the passenger side of Smith's car.
According to a Cleveland police report provided by the Browns, Cordero was transported to Fairview Hospital and pronounced dead.
Police said other the driver admitted drinking. No charges have been filed and toxicology reports are pending.
Smith was not impaired or injured, police said.

Truly gut-wrenching stuff there. RIP. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad