OT: 2019 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
my favorite part of that play is Christian Wilkins laughing his ass off at the Eagles after the play

gty-1191277681.jpg

Reactions: njdevils1982

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Dallas plays the most vanilla, trash defense I've ever seen. I guess this is what you get from a 90 year old DC.

Trubisky is a moron. He can't read defenses. And he can't throw outside at all. Everything is always over the middle or dump offs to the RB. So of course Dallas is playing with just 4 guys even remotely near the line of scrimmage every play.

Idiots.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Dallas plays the most vanilla, trash defense I've ever seen. I guess this is what you get from a 90 year old DC.

Trubisky is a moron. He can't read defenses. And he can't throw outside at all. Everything is always over the middle or dump offs to the RB. So of course Dallas is playing with just 4 guys even remotely near the line of scrimmage every play.

Idiots.

I think DAL predicated everything on a four man rush and of that doesn’t get home they have no plan B.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's gonna be lit when an 8-8 Eagles team beats a 12-4 Seahawks team at home in the playoffs, almost as bad as when Seattle did it to New Orleans (7-9 compared to 13-3).

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's gonna be lit when an 8-8 Eagles team beats a 12-4 Seahawks team at home in the playoffs, almost as bad as when Seattle did it to New Orleans (7-9 compared to 13-3).
Eli still has some magic left to bury them on Monday :naughty:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Completely agree re: the Cowboys defensive strategy tonight.

Trubisky is trash, the goal should be to force him to throw the ball downfield, because he will fail. Instead they just allowed him to toss screen passes, run QB bootlegs & options, and toss short passes over the middle. All. Night. Long. The Dallas "defensive strategy" was literally the last thing I would do against the Bears.

Not that I mind, of course.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Trubisky is trash, the goal should be to force him to throw the ball downfield, because he will fail. Instead they just allowed him to toss screen passes, run QB bootlegs & options, and toss short passes over the middle. All. Night. Long. The Dallas "defensive strategy" was literally the last thing I would do against the Bears.

To Trubiskys credit he has been excellent these last 3 games. Night and day difference from the start of the season.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

i recorded it so as to watch later in the evening and miss all the bullshit time fills (commercials mostly but i can do without a lot of the comments in between play too……it just drags)

i also avoided the final score before i watched…..

anyways, just finished the game and to say trubisky is trash is your right…..as he has been hit and miss…….but he killed it tonight as did montgomery

sure, dallas ran a 17 drive opener which was quite impressive but it made it all the better that ….well, that was all they really did……dont let the score fool you …the game's tide changed nicely

i hope the cowboys fans enjoyed watching their team get bent on national TV vs. my team

f*** america's team….

…a shame that that division is a joke this season as if anyone would cheer the iggies too

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
to say trubisky is trash is your right…..as he has been hit and miss…….but he killed it tonight

I dont see Trubisky being a career NFL starter, and IMO he'll likely live out his days as an NFL backup. His passer rating is only slightly below average, but he's currently last in the NFL among starters in both yards per pass & yards per completion. At the end of the day, almost all teams that have success have a QB that can throw the ball downfield.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
So I need some fantasy advice for my championship this week. I have three decisions to make.

Diggs vs DET or Jeffery be NYG

Doyle vs TB or Cook vs SF

Green Bay Def vs WAS or New England vs KC

Any and all help is appreciated!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So I need some fantasy advice for my championship this week. I have three decisions to make.

Diggs vs DET or Jeffery be NYG

Doyle vs TB or Cook vs SF

Green Bay Def vs WAS or New England vs KC

Any and all help is appreciated!

Cook has been inconsistent but is the second receiving option for Brees. I think Brees is still feeling it in his thumb and the Niners have a very good defense. If you give me some details about the SF coverage matchup for TEs I can maybe offer some more specifics.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Benigno did much the same to Frank Isola over the summer, he’s in full angry man yells at cloud mode now. Most of the time it’s funny as hell but when some beat guy gets the DEFCON 1 rant it can be a little cringey.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Joe Butrow looked like an NFL QB and LSU should be top seed headed into the playoff. They won’t be because they don’t have Ohio State’s track record of recent success.

It almost depends on what matchups the networks would prefer cause really you could flip a coin between an unbeaten LSU (from the strongest conference) and Ohio State. Clemson's going to get punished for their weak schedule by being the #3 seed even as defending national champion.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This Niners Saints game is NUTS.

5 Passing TDs
305 total yards
14:43 left in the second quarter...

Reactions: glenwo2
Status