OT: 2019 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Sam busts, this'll be the game people point to and say it was the beginning of the end. Especially with the seeing ghosts comment.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
This is literally a performance that can ruin a career. He hasn't learned jack shit as this game has gone on. He keep making the same friggin mistake.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is literally a performance that can ruin a career. He hasn't learned jack **** as this game has gone on. He keep making the same friggin mistake.

This is starting to be buttfumble game 2.0...that game pretty well ended Sanchez with the Jets, this might be the beginning of the end for Darnold.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
This is literally a performance that can ruin a career. He hasn't learned jack **** as this game has gone on. He keep making the same friggin mistake.
During a break in play after the 2nd int the announcers showed clip of him mic'd up on the sidelines saying something to the effect of "oh well, it happens".

They were praising him but it disturbed me.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh, come on.

No it really is that bad, and the ghosts comment is now gonna have everyone thinking he's soft mentally, which he might be. He's playing like Luke Falk, who was just cut. Can't be a franchise QB if you can't even get a ****ing first down against the Pats. This is an absolute humiliation at home, on national TV.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
No it really is that bad, and the ghosts comment is now gonna have everyone thinking he's soft mentally, which he might be. He's playing like Luke Falk, who was just cut. Can't be a franchise QB if you can't even get a ****ing first down against the Pats.
The his career is over stuff is absolute garbage. Give me a break.

He made some terrible decisions and he's clearly rattled, but jesus, the melodrama here is off the charts. He's had Patriots in his face a half second after he snaps the ball all night. He had no chance tonight and Gase made it 10x worse because he's a moron.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

He made some terrible decisions and he's clearly rattled, but jesus, the melodrama here is off the charts. He's had Patriots in his face a half second after he snaps the ball all night. He had no chance tonight and Gase made it 10x worse because he's a moron.

I said beginning of the end...it'll be the game we look back on in two years when Darnold never pans out as the first, biggest red flag. I'm sure he'll have his moments against other bad teams, but you just can't be THIS bad in any NFL game. And you know the fallout from the ghosts comment is gonna follow him for a long time.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I have no idea how Darnold's career will pan out, but I find it very concerning that instead of taking hits he just lobs the ball in the air to protect himself at the slightest of pressure. He could be a 9/10 at literally every QB metric, but if you cant train that out of him he cant play QB in this league.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I have no idea how Darnold's career will pan out, but I find it very concerning that instead of taking hits he just lobs the ball in the air to protect himself at the slightest of pressure. He could be a 9/10 at literally every QB metric, but if you cant train that out of him he cant play QB in this league.
It'd be one thing if there was actually a play to be made, but literally all he has to do is throw the ball away and he saves himself 3 interceptions today.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

It is one of the worst games I've EVER seen a NFL qb have.

50 yards, 0 td's, 4 int's, 4.0 rating.

Gase isn't the one throwing the ball to Patriots dbacks with time and no jets even in the area.

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
The Jets are an absolute embarrassment. Being a fan of them and living in New England is a nightmare I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I think the next few games is going to say more about Darnold than tonight. If he rebounds and plays great, tonight is a learning experience for him. If this snowballs and he is miserable the next few games then he learned nothing tonight and it's alarming. Darnold is still only 22. He's actually younger than Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray.

Reactions: glenwo2

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Everybody got whiny when the cowboys took o-lineman for years as their first pick in the draft.

Look what happens when a QB has time to scan the field and throw. They end up #1 in QBR.

If the Jets dont draft a slew of O-lineman next year, I hope Darnold gets out of town. He's going to end up like Andrew Luck. Broken.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It is one of the worst games I've EVER seen a NFL qb have.

50 yards, 0 td's, 4 int's, 4.0 rating.

Gase isn't the one throwing the ball to Patriots dbacks with time and no jets even in the area.
No, he's the one calling 15 yard routes all night when Darnold has had .5 seconds between snap to hand in his face. Darnold made terrible decisions, but has been actively undermined by his coach.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Eli made a career out of it. :P

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I harp on this year-after-year, but this is how Belichick is an arrogant moron, he leaves Brady in the games in blowouts.

It's 33 to 0 with about 5 minutes left, and he has Brady in at QB. Belichick does this all the time. One time this is going to cost him & he's going to lose Brady for the year in a meaningless game he's leading 28-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad