OT: 2019-nCov Part 4: Sanitized & Solo Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Went to IGA, looked like a normal day except there was no TP. Plenty of food on the shelves though. People are freaking morons.

Pretty sure that in the zombie apocalypse, the zombies will all have clean butts.

Still, this was not a fun experience, I was trying to avoid people. And now we hear it does not matter because the virus can stay in the air for hours ? This is freaking crazy.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
People will say I am extreme, but I think we need to go full nuremeber trials on this shit and hold the CCP accountable.

This is unacceptable what their lies have lead to, and if we don't take action then they will do this again, and next time maybe they release a virus that kill 30% or 50% of those who catch it and not 5-8%.

China was still telling the WHO that it was just pnemonia in the early days of this. What do you think they were telling Italian leaders, Trump or Trudeau? That they had a deadly virus? Of course not they were saying its nothing keep trade and travel up.

China could of informed Italy in Dec/Jan and maybe Italy takes different decisions and they don't have thousands dead.

CCP MUST be held accountable. Their carelessness basically destroyed the worlds economy and may make 100's of millions destitute if this lasts for an extended period of time.

How can they be held accountable?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I agree with you, however I don't see how it'll be done.
we import alot from China.

We import 80 billions per year. 400 billions globally. that's 20% coming from China.
187 000 chinese students comes to canada to study. which is around 11.6 bil

WHAT NOW? | Strong Ties: Canada & China's economic relationship | Canada West Foundation
Canada Imports & Exports: Did You Know This About Its Wheat Exports?.

If we want things to advance as a society. We must hope that China be more open in the future on human and business relation.

This is true, we depend a lot on China.

But we essentially destroyed 11 trillion dollars in the global economy last week because of this virus.

If we are willing to do that than maybe bite the bullet and take the losses from closing down China. We have already took a huge economic hit, I think taking it for the cause of preventing another pandemic is worth it.

But we cannot as a world allow the CCP to get away with this. Heck its not even China, its the CCP. Hold them and Xi accountable and get a different government in there. I dont want to hur the Chinese people, they have suffered enough from the CCP.

Nazi's were also important to Germany and turned its economy around, but we still had the Nuremberg Trials. And without them maybe we don't know the extent of what they did during the Holocaust.

We need to investigate and find out how China covered this up from the rest of the world and then hold any official accountable. And no I don't trust China to hold their own investigations.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
People will say I am extreme, but I think we need to go full nuremeber trials on this shit and hold the CCP accountable.

This is unacceptable what their lies have lead to, and if we don't take action then they will do this again, and next time maybe they release a virus that kill 30% or 50% of those who catch it and not 5-8%.

China was still telling the WHO that it was just pnemonia in the early days of this. What do you think they were telling Italian leaders, Trump or Trudeau? That they had a deadly virus? Of course not they were saying its nothing keep trade and travel up.

China could of informed Italy in Dec/Jan and maybe Italy takes different decisions and they don't have thousands dead.

CCP MUST be held accountable. Their carelessness basically destroyed the worlds economy and may make 100's of millions destitute if this lasts for an extended period of time.

Yeah? And how are you going to take Xi Jinping into custody? Invade China?

Reactions: DavePeak

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Is it possible that the US hit 15000 cases by the end of the day?
Grocery stores are ridiculous. 8$ a pound for aspargus, green lettuce for 4$, and that's at Safeway not Whole foods.
I am trying to hit the smaller, family run grocery stores as they seem to be less frequented.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is it possible that the US hit 15000 cases by the end of the day?
Grocery stores are ridiculous. 8$ a pound for aspargus, green lettuce for 4$, and that's at Safeway not Whole foods.
I am trying to hit the smaller, family run grocery stores as they seem to be less frequented.
And at the same time, youre encouraging small families... I drove out of the city yesterday to shop for food, and at the same time I took a walk in the woods.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO in China on 31 December 2019.
Then it took another 8 days for WHO to conclude that this was a novel coronavirus.

So everybody knew, at least those who were paying attention on January 8th and that included Italy.
So China did inform the rest of the world in Dec/Jan so did WHO.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
While pro sports in North America are on a self-imposed lockdown, some in New Jersey have taken to practice some of its basic elements:

Offence:

Defence:

At first, no one could find her and a frantic search ensued:

But then ...

af68d2d9baebbdf26c2cea10e087c048.gif

Unfortunately, these kind of individuals are not exclusive to New Jersey.

They are everywhere. In Sweden an idiot played hooky and called in and said he/she had the virus and they closed down the workplace and it was a false alarm.

Reactions: Runner77

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
Honestly no, it cannot be both. You need to be wiser and quarantine yourself.

We are quarantining ourselves. But yes you can be concerned about multiple things so I'm not really sure what your point is?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

99% of the deaths in Italy had an underlying condition, but high blood pressure and diabities are big ones and a lot of people have that.

from the study of 2003 people, only 17 were under 50 that died.

The Imperial study broke down based on China's numbers those sympomatic that wind up in hospital and then ICU

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

AGE Hospital ICU
40-49 - 4.9 6.3%
50-59 10.2 12.2%
60-69 16.6 27.4%
70-79 24.3 43.2%
80-89 28.5 70.9%

If you are over 60 you are pretty f'd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Redux91

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I just came back from shooting some zombies with the virus and it was easy, they were really slow.
I went to get some groceries, no tuna cans, no TP so I ended up buying a lot of candy and citrus fruits (Sumo Mandarins so good). I managed to find a food cart and got a real good kebab that Carlito and I just shared. They have a really good Toum (garlic whisked with olive oil and lemon juice) so now I am safe from vampires for a couple of days. At Best Buy they let like 5 people in at the time, I bought headphones online so they let me in immediately to pick it up. Very little traffic as well.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
If you have bad symptoms they will admit you and test you. For now we don't have the capacity to test people that don't have severe symptoms and don't have travel history or contact with a known carrier. It would be great if we could but we must prioritize testing severe symptomatic people and direct/suspected contacts of know carriers.

Well, if you tested negative would you return to normal activities? Everyone should be self isolating now, sick, healthy, positive, negative. Period. If you test negative it doesn't mean you won't catch it tomorrow and be an asymptomatic carrier.

Self isolation ends up being what you should do no matter what.

Yes isolation is the only way I understand. We are self isolating. I do however think there are alternatives in the short term that would allow people to provide for their family without waiting on gov support. We would be tiling a new build next week with nobody else there. We were concerned with dropping off our 8yo to his grandmother's if he was infected. A test would have given us the option of not NEEDING the help gov is offering and provide more security for us during this time. With that said though we now have no choice and will do the responsible thing for sure and quarantine. Times have been tough in NL with snowmageddon and our tile supplier having the roof blow off so an extra job before sh** hits the fan would have helped and could have been made possible was my main rant I guess.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO in China on 31 December 2019.
Then it took another 8 days for WHO to conclude that this was a novel coronavirus.

So everybody knew, at least those who were paying attention on January 8th and that included Italy.
So China did inform the rest of the world in Dec/Jan so did WHO.

The same WHO that on JAN 31st said they OPPOSE travel and trade bans with CHINA because it will create a Stigma.

Let me laugh in the corner LOL.

Consider that this virus didn't start in December it started in November, or maybe even before. (there are spikes in searches for symptoms of the virus in November from China).

Ya China was passing it off as a Pneumonia probably a month to 2 months after they knew about the Virus and then bribing the WHO to tell them not recommend any travel bans or trade bans.

Taderos needs to be strung up along with the CCP as well, he shouldn't get off either. His gravestone should read "I opposed travel bans from China".

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Air Canada stock keeps plummeting. We went from 52ish dolars pre coronavirus to right now 12$. I think we all about to get dumped. I am so stressed right now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I just came back from shooting some zombies with the virus and it was easy, they were really slow.
I went to get some groceries, no tuna cans, no TP so I ended up buying a lot of candy and citrus fruits (Sumo Mandarins so good). I managed to find a food cart and got a real good kebab that Carlito and I just shared. They have a really good Toum (garlic whisked with olive oil and lemon juice) so now I am safe from vampires for a couple of days. At Best Buy they let like 5 people in at the time, I bought headphones online so they let me in immediately to pick it up. Very little traffic as well.
Then i suggest you put the candy on the table, and play last of us again to prepare for the future!!!! lol

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

99% of the deaths in Italy had an underlying condition, but high blood pressure and diabities are big ones and a lot of people have that.

from the study of 2003 people, only 17 were under 50 that died.

The Imperial study broke down based on China's numbers those sympomatic that wind up in hospital and then ICU

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

AGE Hospital ICU
40-49 - 4.9 6.3%
50-59 10.2 12.2%
60-69 16.6 27.4%
70-79 24.3 43.2%
80-89 28.5 70.9%

If you are over 60 you are pretty f'd in the butt.

Not if you're healthy and fit. Individuals vary greatly.

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Not if you're healthy and fit. Individuals vary greatly.

Ya but how many over 60 are fit and healthy. 99% of deaths had diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure.

70+ and you are 1 in 4 chance of going to the hospital. Then its probably a greater than 1 in 2 chance that you wind up in the ICU. And surviving the ICU is very low as well.

Really not good numbers for the elderly. The young shall inherit the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad