NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Late to the party on this but huge kudos to Shannon Sharpe regarding the fans cheering KD's injury (most were actually cheering the turnover, but whatever).

He said that this happens everywhere weather it be Toronto, NYC, Chicago or Philly. I'm so sick of all these American fans slandering Canadians as a whole when this happens frequently in most if not all US cities. Yet when it happens in US cities their excuse is always, "Oh, that's just a few bad seeds in that one city". But when it happens in Toronto its, "TypIcAl cAnaDiaNs!!!"

(How cheering an injury is a common Canadian stereotype, I dont know. Perhaps someone could enlighten me on that one.)

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Seriously, why do people care? I'm Canadian, and I really don't understand why some people get so offended that a few idiots on ESPN are saying that a handful of people in an area are classless. Where does this idea that I need to stick up for these people on an Internet message board comes from?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't think anyone has slandered canadian fans as a whole for the whole KD thing aside from morons on twitter. has nothing to do with canadian fans. more the fact that every fanbase has its idiots

first thing i thought of was eagles fans cheering michael irvin's injury

Reactions: Voight

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
While I think it's pretty horrible I can also understand that in that environment, with the emotion wave you're riding with thousands and thousands and thousands of people around you, and you see that happen and think we're going to win the finals, I understand why people automatically jump to the response of cheering. I think for MOST people it wasn't malicious, it was more an automatic response from the situation. Then when people came off autopilot and properly appreciated what was happening they came into line.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I
Gamblers fallacy.

Plus they're already 0-3 vs. the Raps at home including regular season.

Raps in 6. (but yes it is realistic we lose lol)
I still have Toronto winning in 7, and a win tomorrow night wouldn't shock me, but the Warriors are very proud and will gut another one out before running out of steam.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I figured most fans had assumed he tweaked his calf again. Once the severity was recognized, things died down.
Regardless of severity, almost a full minute had passed between the whistle to when KD got off the floor and headed towards the bench. For the raptors to have to wave their arms to quiet the crowd was not a good look.

Enough time had passed from the layup to then to calm down.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Regardless of severity, almost a full minute had passed between the whistle to when KD got off the floor and headed towards the bench. For the raptors to have to wave their arms to quiet the crowd was not a good look.

Enough time had passed from the layup to then to calm down.

Again, the fans were one win away from a championship and the opposing team's best player just hurt himself.

Obviously the severity of the injury wasnt known at the time. The players knew, and that's when they tried to corral the fans who were just antsy.

This rhetoric that everyone in Toronto was jubilant that KD tore his Achilles, couldn't be more fake.

Let the pundits run with it, they'll convince the gullible but most are more reasonable.

Reactions: Voight

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It's pretty simple to me. If the Raps can hit the damn 3 ball this isn't even in question. It's not like they are struggling to get looks, they just need to make them.

Yeah, they barely lost Game 5 with very suspect shooting from the 3 and with Golden State shooting lights out from 3. If the Raps get their shots to fall from 3 and tighten up defensively they are in good shape.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yeah, they barely lost Game 5 with very suspect shooting from the 3 and with Golden State shooting lights out from 3. If the Raps get their shots to fall from 3 and tighten up defensively they are in good shape.

The law of averages probably means TOR will shoot above their norm and the Dubs cool off

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The splash brothers don't follow that norm is the problem.

5 years though...... every 5 years, they might be due for a cold shooting night.

Can they sustain another 40+ minutes with the mileage on their legs?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
5 years though...... every 5 years, they might be due for a cold shooting night.

Can they sustain another 40+ minutes with the mileage on their legs?

I'm with you. Ibaka amd Gasol should be playing down low though. They have nothing for us in the paint. Let the smalls shoot and pick up buckets under the net. Serge can change a game.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Game 6 tonight, bit nervous as a Raptors fan but still I think the absence of Durant will hurt the Warriors. Raptors win 112-101.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's a little interesting how the dream team of Scott Foster, Tony Brothers, and Ed Malloy haven't made another appearance since game two, which was a game where many people thought the Warriors got a better whistle. I'm pretty sure all the officials and games are selected prior to the start of the series so I don't think the NBA sidelined them. They're also not officiating tonight's game so that could mean the NBA is saving them for a potential game seven. There are plenty of reasons why the Raptors need to end this tonight but that could be another one.

Reactions: dahrougem2

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
i don't think anyone has slandered canadian fans as a whole for the whole KD thing aside from morons on twitter. has nothing to do with canadian fans. more the fact that every fanbase has its idiots

first thing i thought of was eagles fans cheering michael irvin's injury
No where close to that. Irvin was lying in a heap on the turf and was carted off on a stretcher. Initially it just looked like KD had tweaked his calf again.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Game 6 tonight, bit nervous as a Raptors fan but still I think the absence of Durant will hurt the Warriors. Raptors win 112-101.
The league wants a game 7 there is no way they will let the raptors win in the last game in Oakland.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
My Gut Feeling/Prediction:

Raptors 119
Warriors 109

I think GSW's tank finally runs out of fuel. And if the Blues can win 3 straight road games against an experienced former champion, why not Toronto?

Plus, the Blue Jays won THEIR first title on the road in 6 games after dropping game 5 at home

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad