NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
OK?

Steph/Klay combining to go 12/27 (44%) isn't crazy, although 27 attempts between them is significantly higher than any other game this series.

The rest of the warriors combining to go 8/15 (53%) isn't remotely sustainable. Even excluding Durants 3/3 it's still 5/12 which is above the rest of the team's average considering basically everyone else is a mid 30s 3 shooter. The non-Curry/Klay Warriors have averaged above 40% 3s in only 5 out of 21 games and 3 of those were with a fully healthy Durant who not only helps those numbers but also opens up a lot of room for others, also they were against teams whose defense isn't as good as the Raps.
You're forgetting game 6 Klay is next.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
cousins is the warriors x factor

if he can step up and dominate like he's capable of the warriors won't need to rely solely on curry/klay

Reactions: Melrose Munch

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Cousins was also being abused defensively at the end of the game. Anytime the Raps switched someone onto him it was basically a free possession. He doesn't have the ability to keep up if the floor is spread.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Hard to see the Raps losing. Only quarter the Warriors won last night was with KD in and now he's out again. Not to mention, how well they shot from 3. 2nd most 3s in Finals history, irrc and they made them on an almost 50% clip. Despite that they only won by a single point.

The Warriors just don't have the depth. If Looney is out as well, their defence takes a massive blow.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

if he can step up and dominate like he's capable of the warriors won't need to rely solely on curry/klay
Cousins needs to come off the bench. Start him and he's bad. Have him come off in the second half and he's good. They only need 12-15 points from him.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

This may be the only time Boogie ever plays in the finals. These other Warriors guys have lived a good life, they've tasted it before and probably expect to taste it again at some time. Boogie has never even tasted the playoffs, and depending what happens in free agency, there's every chance he never goes to the finals again. If there is any time for him to try to elevate, this is it.

He's also on show for his own free agency here. If he can somehow become a deciding factor late in this series, conversations are going to be much more pleasant for him.

This is the mentality he needs to come with in these last two games.

Reactions: Voight

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Hard to see the Raps losing. Only quarter the Warriors won last night was with KD in and now he's out again. Not to mention, how well they shot from 3. 2nd most 3s in Finals history, irrc and they made them on an almost 50% clip. Despite that they only won by a single point.

The Warriors just don't have the depth. If Looney is out as well, their defence takes a massive blow.
Until I see this Warriors team lose 4/7 games, I won't count them out. They've achieved far too much over the last few years for it to just come to an end like that all of a sudden

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Until I see this Warriors team lose 4/7 games, I won't count them out. They've achieved far too much over the last few years for it to just come to an end like that all of a sudden

This is how these things tend to end, though: all of a sudden. Dynasties rarely have a happy ending, and more often than not they just end. This isn't a lot different than the Heat or the Lakers, its surreal but it's usually how it goes.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This is how these things tend to end, though: all of a sudden. Dynasties rarely have a happy ending, and more often than not they just end. This isn't a lot different than the Heat or the Lakers, its surreal but it's usually how it goes.

The Bill Russell Celtics and MJ Bulls are the rare exceptions.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Well the Heat weren't a dynasty though. Had they won in 2014 they would've been one but the Spurs blew them out in 5. The early 2000's Lakers were a dynasty but it wasn't long lived due to the egos of Shaq and Kobe. The late 2000's Lakers weren't a dynasty either, they were trying to be one by winning at least one title in 2011-2013 but came up short each time.

This Warriors team reminds me of the late 90's/early 2000's New York Yankees. They've owned the league for years now and they're clearly not as good as they were in past years, but their experience of winning is what pushes them through. In 2001, the Diamondbacks blew several late game leads against NYY but they still ended up winning. Curry's three to tie last night was pretty much Tino Martinez's 9th inning homer to square game 4, while Klay's winning 3 was Jeter's "Mr. November" HR. With that said though, the Raps should still be taking this series as GSW is just far too banged up right now.

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yesh, some fans are getting out of hand.
Some Raptors fans harrassing Sonya Curry of all people outside her hotel..

Come on guys, we are better than this.
We've reached the point of trolling Steph Curry's mom?

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

Most of them are probably Leafs fans who never watched a minute of basketball before this year’s playoffs but are now on the Raps bandwagon to glory hunt.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This Warriors team reminds me of the late 90's/early 2000's New York Yankees. They've owned the league for years now and they're clearly not as good as they were in past years, but their experience of winning is what pushes them through. In 2001, the Diamondbacks blew several late game leads against NYY but they still ended up winning. Curry's three to tie last night was pretty much Tino Martinez's 9th inning homer to square game 4, while Klay's winning 3 was Jeter's "Mr. November" HR. With that said though, the Raps should still be taking this series as GSW is just far too banged up right now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can't see the Warriors going 0-3 at home in this series.

Raptors havent lost at Oracle this season, so I think its very possible the Warriors go 0-3.

The Bill Russell Celtics and MJ Bulls are the rare exceptions.

:huh: neither of them had happy endings.... sure MJ retired again after '98 but that was mainly to get away from Krause. Russell basically severed all ties with the Celtics and left them high & dry.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's pretty simple to me. If the Raps can hit the damn 3 ball this isn't even in question. It's not like they are struggling to get looks, they just need to make them.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Hoping for the Warriors to pull this off but I can't see them winning game 7
I can. But I can also see the raptors winning game 6. This is about game 6. The raptors have won 2 away but it's extremely difficult to win 3 on the road in the playoffs. For either team.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I can. But I can also see the raptors winning game 6. This is about game 6. The raptors have won 2 away but it's extremely difficult to win 3 on the road in the playoffs. For either team.

If they bring it to 7 games I would bet my left nut the Warriors win. Game 6 is our game 7 in my eyes.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

It's embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad