• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Raptors match up pretty well against the Warriors.

A lot will depend on Durant playing. Kawhi would obviously guard KD if he plays, but does he guard Steph if KD doesn't?

Home court is nice and the Raptors really need to take care of business in Game 1.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Well, if history is any indication, the Warriors have been living pretty comfortably by the 3.

I think that one of the biggest misconceptions about Golden State is that they're a "live by the 3, die by the 3" team. That's the Houston Rockets.

The Warriors are always looking for the most efficient shot. A lot of the time, that is a three point attempt because it's wide *** open. But they aren't going to be settling or outright looking for the three most of the time. Their ball movement is predicated on finding the best available shot in a span of 24 seconds. The Raptors are in tough.
Didn't they take the 2nd most midrange shots this season or something like that?

Almost every team in the league shoots a lot of 3s, it's really not something special anymore (except for Houston)

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Raps fans dreaming a little too much after beating the Bucks lol.

Dubs in 4. Golden State just on a different level.

Reactions: TB12

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Raps fans dreaming a little too much after beating the Bucks lol.

Dubs in 4. Golden State just on a different level.
Maybe. We’ve also heard ‘experts’ disrespect them all season. They’re always being unfairly handicapped or underrated and it’s funny to watch a lot of the basketball media eat their words. I mean, how were they even underdogs against Milwaukee after beating a superior Philadelphia team? Not that I’ll ever complain about opportunities to exploit the betting lines, but that made no sense.

Logically I say Warriors in 5 or 6 but I’m damn sure putting a few bills on the red team.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Raptors defense + sudden emergence of bench give them a chance. But if our offence dries up like at times in the Bucks series, that's when Golden State can completely run away with a game. I think it will be closer than a lot of people think.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Raps have 2 former Defensive Players of the Year (Leonard and Gasol), two other former NBA All-Defensive players (Ibaka and Green) and another current All-Star (Lowry). They're not going to get dummied by the Warriors. They have the horses to make life difficult for Curry and Thompson all game. If Draymond Green wants to take a bunch of shots, the Raps will gladly let him.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I’m curious as to who Americans will cheer for. This has to be the worst finals matchup for patriotic yanks given the winner will either be the Warriors (the most hated nba team right now) or a team in another country.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Raps have 2 former Defensive Players of the Year (Leonard and Gasol), two other former NBA All-Defensive players (Ibaka and Green) and another current All-Star (Lowry). They're not going to get dummied by the Warriors. They have the horses to make life difficult for Curry and Thompson all game. If Draymond Green wants to take a bunch of shots, the Raps will gladly let him.
Because we all know how great that worked out for the Rockets!

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Because we all know how great that worked out for the Rockets!

You mean those 10 shots a game against the Rockets :laugh:

If he continues to shoot ~20% from the 3-point line, I'm sure it'll work out for the Raptors better than it did for the Rockets.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Warriors in 6. Kawhi has the Raptors playing on another level but that Warriors team might be to talented for the Raptors.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don't tell that to the people who are campaigning for a second Canadian team. Sorry I offended you.
Hard enough for Toronto which is like the 5th largest market in us/Can to get players. I can’t imagine what the Grizzlies would have done over these past 15 odd years had they stayed in Vancouver.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I give the Raptors no chance, the same as I would give everyone else against the Warriors in the final .

If Kawhi somehow pulls this off though, he is thrust into some very elite historical company.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I give the Raptors no chance, the same as I would give everyone else against the Warriors in the final .

If Kawhi somehow pulls this off though, he is thrust into some very elite historical company.
Don’t think the warriors will be rusty. They kind of went through this last year when they basically swept their way into the finals.

Plus with the injuries to KD, Cousins, etc Klay and Steph had to play a lot. Rest does them some good.

Raps D will have to be great to limit the warriors. Can’t think you can put gun them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad