NBA 2019 NBA Finals: (E2) Toronto Raptors vs. (W1) Golden State Warriors

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Nav is ****ing awesome.

I noticed him as the guy who sits under the basket or stands up and gets fired up when the other team is trying to hit free throws, but I didn't really know much about him or the "Superfan" until today. He's been to every Raptors game and seems to be a nice guy overall.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Thats your issue, lots of us enjoyed it.

Yeah, I'm sure Raptors fans did and enjoy it all you want.
As an impartial fan, I prefer to see all the talent on the floor.

Trust me, as a Pistons fan, I know how impactful finals injuries can be. The Pistons would have probably 3-peated '88-'90 if Isiah didn't get injured in Game 6 against the Lakers. Well, that and the phantom call on Laimbeer against Kareem but I digress.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I don’t think Kawhi is at 100% health but he’s been pretty darn solid in The Finals thus far.

He’s been seen on the limp here and there during the playoffs. I just think the Raps training staff has done an outstanding job him ready game by game. They have one of the best training staffs in the league.

He’s been a treat to watch.
No one is 100% at this time of the year. It is all about a player being fit enough to play or not.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The phantom call on Laimbeer was a killer and still is one of the worst calls in NBA history. Enough that NBA TV did a special rebroadcast with commentary last year during the Finals.

Pistons lost their best player due to injury for a game 7, in LA against the defending champions. But much like the loss to Boston the previous, where they lost BOTH Vinnie Johnson and Adrian Dantley due to an injury at the same time in game 7, it motivated them.

I'm not sure if they would three-peat had they won it all in '88. They were running on fumes in '91 and somehow made it to the ECF despite injuries and age.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Crazy to think Danny Green was basically just a throw in.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The phantom call on Laimbeer was a killer and still is one of the worst calls in NBA history. Enough that NBA TV did a special rebroadcast with commentary last year during the Finals.

Pistons lost their best player due to injury for a game 7, in LA against the defending champions. But much like the loss to Boston the previous, where they lost BOTH Vinnie Johnson and Adrian Dantley due to an injury at the same time in game 7, it motivated them.

I'm not sure if they would three-peat had they won it all in '88. They were running on fumes in '91 and somehow made it to the ECF despite injuries and age.

That '87 Celtics series still haunts me to this day. I was only a little time at the time but I remember vividly "There's a steal by Bird" and the Johnson/Dantley collision. The Bad Boys get largely forgotten in the Golden Age of Magic, Bird and Jordan but they beat all those teams and could have easily gone to 4 straight finals. It was an all time great team that could have been greater if they didn't get a couple of really bad breaks.

Also remember that the Bulls beat the Lakers in '91 without Worthy and Scott. Nobody thought the Bulls would beat the Lakers that year.
Magic didn't play in Games 3 and 4 in '89 but nobody was beating that Pistons team.

Reactions: Melrose Munch
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah...That one got debunked this year once and for all.

And if we're going to play the Cleveland card in 2015, you better mention the suspension to Green in 2016.

As things stand now, Toronto in up 2-1 like they're supposed to be.

It didn't get debunked, this is a brand new year. It's a fact that they benefitted from the health or lack thereof of an opponent.

Although you tell on yourself by trying to compare the Love and Kyrie injuries to a one game suspension. Yeah, definitely even steven lol

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I want to feel bad about beating a Warriors team that's not at full strength.

But then I remember, when that same Warriors team is at full strength, they have 5 all-stars and a finals MVP. That's equally bullshit.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Ecstatic the Raptors won. Green and Lowry were huge tonight.

Its been said but I will say it again, they have Klay and Steph two elite shooters that can shoot easy 3's on nothing plays and spread out the defense. Its hard to prepare for opposite sides of the court they can make difficult shots look easy.

Toronto is a great defensive team and can beat GSW, but not having the second elite shooter is a huge loss for their team. Not convinced this is even close to over..

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Because Drake is nothing but an annoying front runner.

You don't have to be obliged to defend him because you're a Toronto honk.

Reactions: senators101
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Because Drake is nothing but an annoying front runner.

You don't have to be obliged to defend him because you're a Toronto honk.

There's nothing to "defend", the way he's gotten inside the heads of opposing fans and even players is incredibly impressive. He's very much a front runner when it comes to literally everything else but didn't think people actually questioned his Raptors fandom.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Are you just making that up?
No. I can't find a report on it now, but I remember it being talked about when it happened.

He also tried to get into the Miami room after they won, but he was turned away by security.

Now he has tattoos of Durant and Curry. And he goes out to dinner with Draymond Green after "shit talking" him after game 1.

Dude is pathetic.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No. I can't find a report on it now, but I remember it being talked about when it happened.

He also tried to get into the Miami room after they won, but he was turned away by security.

Now he has tattoos of Durant and Curry. And he goes out to dinner with Draymond Green after "**** talking" him after game 1.

Dude is pathetic.

People were talking about it because they were making jokes, you just thought it was serious and got mad about it lol.

Really could not care less about the other stuff, doesn't diminish him as a fan in any way.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
People were talking about it because they were making jokes, you just thought it was serious and got mad about it lol.

Really could not care less about the other stuff, doesn't diminish him as a fan in any way.
Commentators and Reporters were talking about it, not fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->