NBA 2019 NBA Finals: (E2) Toronto Raptors vs. (W1) Golden State Warriors

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a weird game. It didn't even feel like a finals game but the Raptors did what they needed to do. All of the role players stepped up just like game one.

Steph was great and kept them in it for as long as he could.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
No doubt and good on the Raptors for taking advantage.

I'm rooting for the Raptors but it would be nice if the Warriors got back to full strength. The Finals would feel hollow if Durant didn't come back.

Do you think the warriors or their fand felt that way winning a championship against an injured team?

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Thompson, Durant, Looney, Cousins at half strength. It's a mash unit out there.

The Raptors are a high quality team but they'd have no chance if the Warriors were healthy. Not many teams in NBA history would have a shot.

Exactly.

If both teams came in completely healthy, who do believe would be the favorite? Toronto fans are understandable but people who just hate Golden State with every fiber are piling on.

That said, in current context, this series has gone on as predicted. Toronto was favorited in game 1 due to the layoff, Golden State won game 2 and Toronto will win game 3. I didn't see anyone say that it was a good idea to tryout Thompson tonight.

Hold out and see if he'll be able to play in game 4. That is the game I feel will decide this series.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Durant should rest up so he's healthy for free agency.

If the Raps win two more I don't want to hear any whining about injuries. The Warriors benefitted from major injuries to their opponents in all three of their championship runs.

Seriously, it's the nature of the beast.

It's like how Bruins fans are already trying to rev up the excuse machine if Chara is done for the cup final despite the series still being 2-2. Can't blame the opposition for beating what was in front of them

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Do you think the warriors or their fand felt that way winning a championship against an injured team?

What injured team?

As an NBA fan, I want to see both teams healthy. That's all I'm saying. It didn't even feel like a finals game tonight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This shows it better. I thought they booted the guy trying to get him off of him. I would've tried to push a dude off of me after he ran me over like that too. This makes more sense since they were both wearing Blue.

I've always thought it was careless of the NBA to allow fans to sit so close to the court

Not only could a fan be seriously hurt, but so too could a player

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Why not? They've done it all year and finished with the most made three pointers.

I hope they do, but I think they should be playing it to Kawhi. He quietly had 30 tonight and they didn't even really incorporate him too much. They should be going to him like he's Kobe.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Even if Klay and KD are ready Raptors are still filled with talent. Guys like VanVleet and Kawri are still there. Kawri has 30 today (wasn't he supposed to be "shut down"), Serge Ibaka and Siakam are still there. This is a close series either way.

Raptors also have one of the best defenses in the NBA

Who is this Kawri guy?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
What injured team?

As an NBA fan, I want to see both teams healthy. That's all I'm saying. It didn't even feel like a finals game tonight.

1.) 2015 championship every team they faced didn't have their starting pg. In the finals Cavs didn't have Kyrie/Love
2.) 2017 Kawhi goes down (granted I think they win this regardless)
3.) 2018 CP3 down in game 5 of the wcf

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
What injured team?

The Cavs, and more recently the Rockets.

Sure healthy vs healthy is best, but how often does that happen?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
1.) 2015 championship every team they faced didn't have their starting pg. In the finals Cavs didn't have Kyrie/Love
2.) 2017 Kawhi goes down (granted I think they win this regardless)
3.) 2018 CP3 down in game 5 of the wcf

I forgot that both Irving and Love were injured that year. That certainly compares to what the Warriors are going through now.

I'm just saying that I, as a fan, want to see the Warriors get healthy. Tonight didn't feel like a finals game.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I don’t think Kawhi is at 100% health but he’s been pretty darn solid in The Finals thus far.

He’s been seen on the limp here and there during the playoffs. I just think the Raps training staff has done an outstanding job him ready game by game. They have one of the best training staffs in the league.

He’s been a treat to watch.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I forgot about the Irving and Love injuries. That certainly compares to what the Warriors are going through now.

I'm just saying that I, as a fan, want to see the Warriors get healthy. Tonight didn't feel like a finals game.
I agree that it's best if both teams are healthy. Buttttt that most likely means GSW in 5 so I'm okay with how this is going down ;)

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I forgot that both Irving and Love were injured that year. That certainly compares to what the Warriors are going through now.

Thats your issue, lots of us enjoyed it.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->