• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Warriors are coming in rusty

Raptors won BOTH games against Warriors this year

Raptors have home court advantage and a better record

Don't think this is a cakewalk for GSW. Don't believe that.

Raptors won in GS by 20 with no Kawhi. The other game went to OT but Durant dropped 51 that game. No KD makes a huge difference.

Ibaka had big games both times they met. No Gasol then either.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
TOR is playing with a chip on their shoulder too. They're hungry, playing for a country, burdened by the disrespect of everyone practically planning the parade for GSW.
Still though I have to give golden state the edge because they’re the dynasty here while we’re the first time finalsists. Although I don’t think it’ll be as one sided as everyone is thinking it to be, I’d be very surprised if the Warriors don’t win it all again

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Toronto making the finals is like winning a championship to me. Life is hard as a small market team in the NBA so getting here is huge. There is no shame in losing to one of the greatest dynasties in the history of Basketball.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Raptors won in GS by 20 with no Kawhi. The other game went to OT but Durant dropped 51 that game. No KD makes a huge difference.

Ibaka had big games both times they met. No Gasol then either.

It'll be a different series than Milwaukee.

Warriors have far better perimeter scoring (and scoring in general), but not the same type of length that the Bucks had. Siakam and Ibaka/Gasol should have more featured roles than they did vs. the Bucks.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It'll be a different series than Milwaukee.

Warriors have far better perimeter scoring (and scoring in general), but not the same type of length that the Bucks had. Siakam and Ibaka/Gasol should have more featured roles than they did vs. the Bucks.

Very true. Raps have to dominate the boards and not give the Warriors any 2nd chance opportunities.

Who is Kawhi going to guard? Klay? Curry is going to have to play lights out. I’m not scared of Draymond attacking the rim vs. Ibaka and Gasol and he’s not going to have many big games shooting from 12 feet out. The Raps D will cause headaches.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Very true. Raps have to dominate the boards and not give the Warriors any 2nd chance opportunities.

Who is Kawhi going to guard? Klay? Curry is going to have to play lights out. I’m not scared of Draymond attacking the rim vs. Ibaka and Gasol and he’s not going to have many big games shooting from 12 feet out. The Raps D will cause headaches.

My guess is Siakam will be on Draymond and Kawhi will be on Curry. Then some combo of Powell/Green on Klay.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Warriors in 5.

Milwaukee really seemed to crumble under the pressure of not being there before and Kawhi was able to cancel out Giannis as I thought. This will be a new stage for Toronto as well and outside Kawhi, I have zero faith in his supporting cast.

He will have to put on a one man show to pull this off.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
K

Kawhi is not better than Steph.

Yeah I don't see Curry shouldering the scoring load AND shutting down the other team's best player.

In any case, I bet we see Kawhi defending Curry in the Finals and we'll see then.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Raptors in 7

Kawhi really wants this title so much more than a team that has already won 3 titles. How much motivation and hunger is there for a team that’s already won over and over?

All dynasty ends at some point.

It happened to the Islanders, it happened to the Lakers, it happened to the Yankees (the last time a team went for 4 in 5)

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Regular season doesn't matter.

GSW can make their shots in the playoffs.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
GS in 7.

As much as I'd love to see Kahwi lead the Raptors to the holy land after getting traded there (when he didn't want to play for them) would be amazing...I just can't see it happening.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I really do hope the Raptors win, especially if KD and/or Cousins come back because let's face it: any time those punks lose, it's a good thing for the world. Even if it comes at the expense of two of my all-time favourites in Steph and Klay.

That said, I've got Golden State in 5. I just think they will be too much for the Raptors to handle. I think Danny Green will continue to struggle, I don't know if what VanVleet did in games 4-6 is sustainable, and I don't know if Gasol will be able to handle a small-ball Warriors lineup.

That, plus Curry/Thompson will blow the Raptors guards out of the building on a nightly basis I think.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
It’s also kinda funny that the raps made the finals before the leafs did in the modern era. Toronto is the so-called capital of hockey yet they can’t even win a playoff series, while their bball team which isn’t even a quarter century old just made it to the final dance
Jeeeeezzzzz

Even if the raps win it all I can see you beating this same drum.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Raptors in 7

Kawhi really wants this title so much more than a team that has already won 3 titles. How much motivation and hunger is there for a team that’s already won over and over?

All dynasty ends at some point.

It happened to the Islanders, it happened to the Lakers, it happened to the Yankees (the last time a team went for 4 in 5)

You know what's better than 3 titles? 4 titles. Questioning whether they are hungry or not is stupid. Didn't you question Tom Brady's hunger?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Live by the 3, die by the 3.......
Well, if history is any indication, the Warriors have been living pretty comfortably by the 3.

I think that one of the biggest misconceptions about Golden State is that they're a "live by the 3, die by the 3" team. That's the Houston Rockets.

The Warriors are always looking for the most efficient shot. A lot of the time, that is a three point attempt because it's wide *** open. But they aren't going to be settling or outright looking for the three most of the time. Their ball movement is predicated on finding the best available shot in a span of 24 seconds. The Raptors are in tough.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
This isn't the same Raptors team. I think it'll be a good series.. we aren't getting swept and we've certainly got a fighting chance.

We defend well 1 through 5, we just need the bench to continue playing at a similar level to how they've been playing the last few games.

Reactions: irunthepeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad