NBA 2019 NBA Draft

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
It's going to be a stretch for them to get 2 big name UFA's. It's possible they get one of Durant or Irving and then they'll have to trade Barrett+ for AD to have a pair of superstars. Considering how much of a gongshow the Knicks have been, they'll have a hard time selling prospective UFAs. Trading for AD would be a good first step.
Define "big name"
Is Kemba Walker big name?
Or Kyrie Irving?
Tobias Harris?
Because those three would definetly play for the Knicks.
Anthony Davis is elite but Barrett himself may become a superstar. He may be a star or pretty good. Knicks gave up a lot of depth when they traded for Melo and I feel they should go another route.
If they get Durant than that is ideal but it doesn't mean they need to sign another superstar.
Eventually Davis will have to get paid max money anyways. It's not only giving up Barrett but additional assets like a second lottery pick.
If KD comes no doubt a guy like Irving or Walker will want to play for the Knicks.
If Durant doesn't sign with the Knicks that doesn't mean he didn't because we failed to land AD.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I thought this was the draft thread.

There's no way of knowing if these kids can shoot the 3, because the college line is so short. Next year college is switching to the FIBA/WNBA line.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mod note:

All trades involving picks do not need their own thread unless it's a huge trade like the Davis one. Please do not post Woj bombs 5 minutes before the pick is announced on TV, as some people probably like to follow and discuss the draft on here.

Thank you.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looking forward to tonight. No one seems to really know what's going to happen after the first three picks and there could be a bunch of trades.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Why are NFL and NBA drafts starting on Thursday? It's a major event, shouldn't it get more viewers if it was on weekend?

Sports viewership matters more than ever. Thus it makes more sense during the week as most people would be out on a Friday or Saturday night.

I started watching the NBA draft in the early 90's and I believe it's always been this way. NFL used to be on Saturday and Sundays due to the length back then.

But with the NFL becoming even more popular they've split. Which, to me, is a lot better as it's easier to consume. Still could and should be shorter but that's what the DVR is for.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Looking forward to tonight. No one seems to really know what's going to happen after the first three picks and there could be a bunch of trades.
Agreed. The Pels are shopping the 4th pick and there are at least 9 good players in the draft who I think could be starters someday.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I know it won't happen but my dream scenario is the Knicks pass on RJ and the Pelicans hold onto their pick and take him at 4. Would be cool to see those two continue to grow together and I really don't want the Knicks terrible office to ruin any growth for RJ in his young career.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If the rumors attached to the trade are true and Atlanta moved up to 4th for Hunter, I'll be happy as that'd mean probably White or possibly Culver or Garland will be available for the Bulls, and I wasn't expecting that at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's already getting crazy with all the movement. Looks like we have a top four now with Hunter being the Hawks' guy.

Apparently the Wolves really like Garland and should get him unless the Cavs trade or take a PG for the second straight year.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Hawks 4th. T-Wolves 6th. I would take Bol Bol 9th. Kawhi and the Greek were not lottery picks.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One of the few things I find annoying about the NBA is how deals can't be official right away. It just makes things weird and confusing for the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->