NBA 2019 NBA Draft

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Glad to see them quickly put an end to this. Now the media can stop.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Give me NO any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Roman Fell

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He has every right to not want to play in New Orleans. He can sit out, try to force a trade, or go play overseas

However, based on the CBA of the league that he wants to play in, he can't choose which team he plays for
How many years before he can become a ufa and leave?

From what I can tell the earliest would be 5 years. So ufa at 24 for him which isn’t too bad.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Lol. Because Zion would be living in Englewood right? GTFOH
From my own experiences I have nothing warm to say about the city. I've driven through 3 or 4 times the last few years and it stresses me out to no end. The wind, infrastructure and traffic are flat out atrocious. Not to mention I go out of my way to avoid the airport and I'm not even going to get into those stories. I'm sure I could find it's charm but all I said is I'd personally rather be in NOLA and i'll double down on that one.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
NBA players do move around. Zion doesn’t have to be there as long as AD was. AD is 26 but he could have been a ufa sooner but he opted to sign a big extension with NO.

Zion can get out earlier if he truly wishes to go somewhere else.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
NBA players do move around. Zion doesn’t have to be there as long as AD was. AD is 26 but he could have been a ufa sooner but he opted to sign a big extension with NO.

Zion can get out earlier if he truly wishes to go somewhere else.

poor AD legit thought the pelicans could surround him with a talented team

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
AD to the Knicks for an RJ Barrett package?

This is the only thing that makes sense for the Pelicans. Zion is going to need at least a couple of seasons to get into his peak and AD isn't getting any younger. The team as currently constructed isn't going anywhere, even with Zion. They're going to get slaughtered in the West.

They can sell a Zion/Barrett future. Add in another top-10 pick next season and they've got the nucleus for a potential contending team for many years to come.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This is the only thing that makes sense for the Pelicans. Zion is going to need at least a couple of seasons to get into his peak and AD isn't getting any younger. The team as currently constructed isn't going anywhere, even with Zion. They're going to get slaughtered in the West.

They can sell a Zion/Barrett future. Add in another top-10 pick next season and they've got the nucleus for a potential contending team for many years to come.

I don't see the Knicks trading for AD. I feel they will keep this draft pick and chase after UFA's. As much as Davis would welcome a trade the NYK are better off spending money and resources in other places.
I think the Pelicans need to lower the asking price if they want to make something happen.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It seems like every time the Lakers are in the lottery, they get lucky and move up in the draft

On the flip side, I remember reading a few years back that the only time the Kings had moved up in the draft was '89 when they selected Pervis Ellison 1st overall. They were a new team, and getting the 1st overall pick would've been very exciting for their fan base. So with no franchise player talent available in the draft that year, the NBA decided to throw them a bone

Again, this was a few years ago, but I had read that the Wolves had never moved up in the draft despite being in the lottery multiple times

The only time the Raptors had moved up in the draft was the year Bargnani was selected 1st overall. Bryan Colangelo, an Italian and part of one of the most influential families in USA basketball, is hired by the Raptors. He then hires the most influential man nItalian basketball to work as his right-hand man. The Raptors then move up 5 spots in the draft in order to select an Italian 1st overall

Last edited:

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I don't see the Knicks trading for AD. I feel they will keep this draft pick and chase after UFA's. As much as Davis would welcome a trade the NYK are better off spending money and resources in other places.
I think the Pelicans need to lower the asking price if they want to make something happen.

It's going to be a stretch for them to get 2 big name UFA's. It's possible they get one of Durant or Irving and then they'll have to trade Barrett+ for AD to have a pair of superstars. Considering how much of a gongshow the Knicks have been, they'll have a hard time selling prospective UFAs. Trading for AD would be a good first step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad