HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 3: The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Imagine coming off a season where you put up 34pts in 79 games, averaging close to 14 mins per game as the youngest player in the NHL.

And without even playing a single second of your sophomore campaign..

Being told you don't belong with the team yet.

This is why we can't have nice things lol
If they ever give KK some wingers, instead of the leftovers, he would show them!!

I expect this kid to get 50 pts this year. We can only hope RDS doesn't lose their minds if he gets some PP time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pretty amazing last 12 months for Cale Fleury...

At this point last year, he wasn't even signed to his ELC...he didn't sign it until October 4, 2018.

There was even some concern on whether or not he'd head back to the WHL as an overager.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If they ever give KK some wingers, instead of the leftovers, he would show them!!
Doesn't look like CJ's got the stomach for this right now.

I expect this kid to get 50 pts this year. We can only hope RDS doesn't lose their minds if he gets some PP time.
I'm not expecting a drastic point increase because it doesn't appear that his role has changed or will be changing any time soon.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Pretty amazing last 12 months for Cale Fleury...

At this point last year, he wasn't even signed to his ELC...he didn't sign it until October 4, 2018.

There was even some concern on whether or not he'd head back to the WHL as an overager.

After Hyping this kid for the last 2 years, and deep down thinking "why am i even getting excited for this guy, they will never "see" that hes good, bergy doesnt have the "eye", they probably love brook way more blah blah"

I gotta say its pretty awesome this coaching staff was able to determine that the kid is in fact, a really good player as well, and brook will get his time eventually

Reactions: DangerDave and 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is this for real? Fleury had to trade in his jersey number for a lower one cause Bergevin doesn't like his players to wear high numbers?

Of all the stupidities.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

RDS will protect Drouin for almost 2 years though...
They will pump the tires of Hudon for months….
And they are now on getting Danault some PP minutes cause he's god apparently...

But when it comes to a 19 years old, top prospect….can't have a bad couple of games.
Can't have better winger, can't get a bigger role, can't get PP time, can't use the Team's bathroom either.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not at all. Strong and fairly consistent 5 on 5 play is exactly what you want from your 2C and ideally your 3C.

If his results are better than what some teams get from their 1C, that is THEIR problem, and a bonus for us.
we're not talking strong here, but among the best... no ?

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Is this for real? Fleury had to trade in his jersey number for a lower one cause Bergevin doesn't like his players to wear high numbers?

Of all the stupidities.

lol....76 was traded...hmmm

JD wears 92 ...Lek is 62 Mete with 53 Tatarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wears 90...Weal wears 43...Nate T 44...Armia 40

I think that shows he isn't against high numbers??? unless this policy just stated??lol
Maybe he will trade away all the high numbers guys????????/lol

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
we're not talking strong here, but among the best... no ?
What is your point? I truly don't understand what you are trying to say. I'M under the impression that we both agree that Danault is not a true 1C, and that he is producing like a 2C and would ideally be a 3C on a very good team.

Do you actually disagree?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

JD wears 92 ...Lek is 62 Mete with 53 Tatarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wears 90...Weal wears 43...Nate T 44...Armia 40

I think that shows he isn't against high numbers??? unless this policy just stated??lol

Must be a new policy. Suzuki was wearing 88 before.

Reactions: Habaneros

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Gretzky99 Lemieux66 and Lindros 88 , Jagr 68 ..Crosby 87....the kids are right to go high..best players in recent times wore high#..lol....I guess they'd all be banned from playin in Montreal now in 2019-20???lol

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
We gonna have to be patient here. IF KK is still struggling after 20-25 games, they gonna make that decision. Not before.
Each pt is important at the end. I'm sure KK would find his speed of the game after 4 games in Laval. Not many more. If KK starts here not in shape, Habs will miss the PO again by little. We have one line that is ready (Danault-Tatar-Gally), another one not quite ready (Domi-Suzuki and the other one),
another one that is searching for his hockey stick (KK-Drouin-Weal)
and a 4th line that will never score a single goal.
We have to transform a messy line by a credible nhl one.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
What is your point? I truly don't understand what you are trying to say. I'M under the impression that we both agree that Danault is not a true 1C, and that he is producing like a 2C and would ideally be a 3C on a very good team.

Do you actually disagree?
he's producing like a 2nd line C but he's among the best 5on5... so, the ONLY reason he isnt producing like a #1C is him not having PP time I guess ???

now before replying, if you ever feel like it, take a few seconds to think about it...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Maybe he will trade away all the high numbers guys????????/lol
Guys... all Marc Bergevin is trying to do is make Fleury a better person. It is important.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Probably just a rookie thing - and considering how steeped in tradition hockey is, I wouldn't be surprised if many coaches/GM felt this way.

Especially considering many of them are former players...and I can this type of thing annoying players.

Reactions: Vachon23

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

KK will not get the most talented wingers on his line. The best wingers belongs to the two best centers so far : Danault and Domi. So KK have to play with the best of the rest and try to make a positive line despite everything.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
he's producing like a 2nd line C but he's among the best 5on5... so, the ONLY reason he isnt producing like a #1C is him not having PP time I guess ???

now before replying, if you ever feel like it, take a few seconds to think about it...

He has good production and defensive stats at 5-on-5, but because he is not a difference maker on the PP and because he can't control the puck like true 1Cs can, he is best in the role of a 2C or 3C.

Do you disagree? Would you like me to say that his 5-on-5 production is poor? That would be a lie. Phil Danault is a good middle six player that does not need sheltering and is a great complement to talented players. What's the problem? His presence didn't stop Domi from amassing 72 points last year. Hopefully it won't stop KK's progression either, but if Chu-Rien screws up, take it up with his boss, (who shouldn't be here either).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Holy crap, that's quite the list. Fleury, change it back! There is still time ...

Reactions: Habaneros

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He has good production and defensive stats at 5-on-5, but because he is not a difference maker on the PP and because he can't control the puck like true 1Cs can, he is best in the role of a 2C or 3C.

Do you disagree? Would you like me to say that his 5-on-5 production is poor? That would be a lie. Phil Danault is a good middle six player that does not need sheltering and is a great complement to talented players. What's the problem? His presence didn't stop Domi from amassing 72 points last year. Hopefully it won't stop KK's progression either, but if Chu-Rien screws up, take it up with his boss, (who shouldn't be here either).
no coach would use a 50 pts player as a 3rd line C...

nowadays, 50 pts per season nets you a 6M contract at least, who in their right mind would pay 6M+ for someone to play on the 3rd line ?? I mean BC, you sure you arent Marc Bergevin ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->