HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp (June 26-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Aw man, if his name were Adama I'd be posting so many Galactica gifs .

You're such a nerd :sarcasm:

Yeah not as initially exciting as the last 2 but the Struble and Pitlick highlights are impressive. There's real upside there. Norlinder did well against men. The Russian at the very least has skill. Fairbrother has a nice slapper and could be a Fleury. And holy eff we have Cole freaking Caufield. Super pumped.

I know you always agree with me, so Ill tell you I had Rhett @ 48 on my list, get hyped.

I oversighted Struble on my list that I put out but he was supposed to be #61 on my list, too.

Fairbrother reminds me a bit of Juulsen, which I know is a player you like.
Struthers is interesting.

Our goalie invites are 6'0, 6'4 and 6'6.

Struthers is a really good player. I love him. He's a guy Ive drafted a few times in 2018 and I still don't regret it.

Oksentyuk. Hes most likely never going to make it, but he has some real talent, like hands of absolute fire.

Thrilled at this invite.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Damn... little guy battles and competes hard and he got pretty swift hands. Interesting.

Yeah I see that also. However I also see a player who is very weak on his skates and small (and generally weak) to go along with more Flash than substance. In the NHL where the game is tighter, he wouldn't be able to do as much alone and he doesn't use his teammates enough. He does not select the right plays, often trying to create something by himself.

I'm sure he can be entertaining and even show a thing or two to the other prospects, but I don't see any NHL potential there.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah I see that also. However I also see a player who is very weak on his skates and small (and generally weak) to go along with more Flash than substance. In the NHL where the game is tighter, he wouldn't be able to do as much alone and he doesn't use his teammates enough. He does not select the right plays, often trying to create something by himself.

That's Belarus there, he was basically the only U18 group A caliber forward. He played in men's league (Belarus) and is more of a playmaker there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Depending on how he does at camps, I believe that Matthew Struthers will come out of all this with a contract. Whether an ELC or an AHL deal.

They brought him in to Laval on an ATO after his OHL year was done. He had 1 goal in 5 GP and he didn't look out of place.

Reactions: habergeon

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The other thing about Struthers is he is still 19. He will turn 20 in December.

What I like is that his bump in production last season was split between him at 18 and 19. Most players whose production bumps is closer to 20 and 21 (overagers).

I think he'll still be eligible for next year's draft. But if he is signed, he can play in the pros as he's already completed 4 seasons of Major Junior.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
thought he wasn't signed!

there was some confusion on that, he isn't listed on eliteprospects as signed but on the KHL site he is as one of the Russian posters was kind enough to post. So looks like we could have 2 prospects in the KHL to follow next year.

I think he'll still be eligible for next year's draft. But if he is signed, he can play in the pros as he's already completed 4 seasons of Major Junior.

he's no longer eligible for the draft. The way to remember is if they are Jan to Sept 15th born, they get 3 times to be drafted, if they are born after Sept 15th to Dec 31 they get 2 times. Still though he's someone I would want them to sign, instead of any of the breaks out at 20 years old group.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->