GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Over in Detroit, the Twins lead 12-3 in the 4th......
beat up cat.gif

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Rays take the lead. Needless to say, to win this game with a matchup of Bieber vs a flock of relievers would be gigantic.

And now it's 4-0 TB as Aguilar goes deep for 3 runs.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Devil Rays eat up Chief Wahoo as TB shuts out CLE 4-0 to open their weekend set.
Tampa Bay gains ground on the 1st WC Tribe, however, the A's who hold the 2nd are winning big against NY and looks like the boys from Florida will only be able to keep pace with them.

Rays win the way they have to: Piece together games on the mound, hold down the opponents offense, break through whenever they get chances...scratch out a win.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Minnesota Twins are very happy with the results in St. Petersburg as they continue to beat up on the Tigers.
Barring a roaring comeback by Detroit (see what I did there???), the Twins should begin play tomorrow with a 4.5 lead over Cleveland for the Central crown.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Boy I tell ya...this Sam Dyson the Twins got from the Giants..... I don't know if they got "damaged goods" or he just plain sucks, but he has done zero to help the Twins' cause.

Minnesota only seems to put him into situations where they have a huge lead and he STILL struggles to get outs!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Boy I tell ya...this Sam Dyson the Twins got from the Giants..... I don't know if they got "damaged goods" or he just plain sucks, but he has done zero to help the Twins' cause.

Minnesota only seems to put him into situations where they have a huge lead and he STILL struggles to get outs!

Only gave up ONE run, still got the 3 outs

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
LOL...
What is the margin for "clown pounding"?

I wanna know. I like the term used for baseball and I think it should be patented.....but we need guidelines. :laugh:

What run differential constitutes clowns being abused?

I used to say it was 14 runs but with the juiced ball, it should probably be 16 now. So that game in Philly was very far off the standards of a good ol' fashion clown pounding, let alone the new standards.

Rendon won the game for the Nats. Hard to believe they are going to let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad