GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Well will you look at that?

Cubs have the best record in the NL and have won so many games in a row I honestly lost count.

But, give credit to the Cards, they tried, but its the Cubs. You cannot fault a team who's best isn't at the same standard as such a well oiled machine as the North siders.

I, as a fan of baseball, take no issue with the Cubs putting Chatwood in and giving the Cards a couple home runs to make the cardinals fans happy, its the least we, as the best team in the NL, can do.

And what can you say about the slam by KB? Just good, clean fun all around

And I will say this;

Javier Baez is the best player in baseball. Having a guy doing such incredible things for a winner trumps an MVP on a loser team.

IMO, of course.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
Nats/brewers might be ppd today due to fact that nats are still stuck in Philly

I saw FP's rant today on social media before heading to the lab he was concerned they would not be able to play

why is it even a 6;35 start anyway

don't them games start at 7

Sep 19, 2008
@Mike Mills

I have to laugh a little bit when the internet is calling Joe Maddon overrated. They actually listened to a couple keyboard warriors who I guarantee you will never be managers if they think Joe Maddon is overrated. Of course, /r/baseball won't print that anyway because that's, you know, somebody said it.

Without Joe Maddon, we wouldn't have won a World Series, OK? Not one. The other guys just aren't ready. They needed him. Without him there, not 1. We wouldn't be here to even have a chance to play this game. And everybody's talking to me and writing about Joe Maddon being overrated? That's the most (bleep) thing I've seen in 40 years — and especially if it comes from our people in our forums.

But they're quoted from somebody else, an anonymous message board guru. Let the poster come up to me and say, "Joe Maddon is overrated.' I'd like to see one of those guys come up to me and say that. He's been dealing with adversity every game this year, and the managers voted him first-team all-conference. The managers don't know (bleep), I guess.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Mike Mills

Apr 27, 2019
@Mike Mills

I have to laugh a little bit when the internet is calling Joe Maddon overrated. They actually listened to a couple keyboard warriors who I guarantee you will never be managers if they think Joe Maddon is overrated. Of course, /r/baseball won't print that anyway because that's, you know, somebody said it.

Without Joe Maddon, we wouldn't have won a World Series, OK? Not one. The other guys just aren't ready. They needed him. Without him there, not 1. We wouldn't be here to even have a chance to play this game. And everybody's talking to me and writing about Joe Maddon being overrated? That's the most (bleep) thing I've seen in 40 years — and especially if it comes from our people in our forums.

But they're quoted from somebody else, an anonymous message board guru. Let the poster come up to me and say, "Joe Maddon is overrated.' I'd like to see one of those guys come up to me and say that. He's been dealing with adversity every game this year, and the managers voted him first-team all-conference. The managers don't know (bleep), I guess.

How would a baseball manager get voted first team all conference when everyone knows baseball doesn’t have conferences? Boy I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
you're copy/pasting a response from another message board and have no insights of your own.

why not just post your own thoughts on something? or are you just waiting for the best stephen smith video to do your talking for you now?

Mike Mills

Apr 27, 2019
you're copy/pasting a response from another message board and have no insights of your own.

why not just post your own thoughts on something? or are you just waiting for the best stephen smith video to do your talking for you now?

I only just met this Roman guy late last week, when I first started posting here on this message board, and I have to say so far he has shown a real lack of original thoughts.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i really thought puig would be dynamic there and boy oh boy has he not been.

it's like the opposite of the last few years: they couldn't pitch to save their f***ing lives and now they can't hit to save their f***ing lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad