GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
March 28 is opening day for everyone else.... unfortunately that’s going to collide with some Sweet 16 games.

For a stretch of time, opening day for most of the teams was on NCAA Basketball national title game Monday.

Baseball opening day seemingly can’t avoid the heart of March Madness.

Last year was a rare time when baseball had opening day all to itself.

MLB don't care if their opening day clashes with March Madness. Rightfully so.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
looks like the baseball gods are picking up where they left off last year with A's starters. god ******* dammit

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what a horrible way to start the season

2 straight losses and it looks like olson is going to miss some time. plus the luzardo injury on top of that

aside from that, what an amazing way for ichiro to go out

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
what a horrible way to start the season

2 straight losses and it looks like olson is going to miss some time. plus the luzardo injury on top of that

aside from that, what an amazing way for ichiro to go out

I’m bummed about Luzardo, he’s been one of my favourite pitching prospects for a while and is easily my favourite right now. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute this year.

I can’t wait to see him and Puk in the rotation together.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I’m bummed about Luzardo, he’s been one of my favourite pitching prospects for a while and is easily my favourite right now. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute this year.

I can’t wait to see him and Puk in the rotation together.
Pffft. He's an A. He'll probably need tjs before he comes back.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Weird, I know.

Yeah it's just odd, I realize now they've done it before, I had no idea. But it's just odd to have two recordable games and then they go back for a few more spring games and I presume more cuts?

Oakland should have poneyed up for some starting pitching. Mike Fiers is the "ace"? Even if Luzardo healthy there's no guarantee he'd become a solid rotation member as a rookie. Maybe they can live off the lineup and bullpen again, but win 90+ again?

Reactions: Thedogo

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm not getting my hopes up because of the AAA level rotation. and it looks like this season is going to be a lot like last year with regards to pitchers getting injured so we'll see what happens. i'm expecting a lot of 9-7, 10-8, etc losses

the offense is going to do its job but i really don't have any faith in that rotation. olson's injury doesn't look good so hopefully he's not out too long

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Yeah it's just odd, I realize now they've done it before, I had no idea. But it's just odd to have two recordable games and then they go back for a few more spring games and I presume more cuts?

Oakland should have poneyed up for some starting pitching. Mike Fiers is the "ace"? Even if Luzardo healthy there's no guarantee he'd become a solid rotation member as a rookie. Maybe they can live off the lineup and bullpen again, but win 90+ again?
I just don't understand why they cant wait one more week like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad