2019 MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know how many people can use MLB TV at once? Most I’ve tried is 3 devices. I want to split it with my buddies to reduce costs.

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Alex Gordon re-signed with the Royals for 1 year and $4 million

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Anyone know how many people can use MLB TV at once? Most I’ve tried is 3 devices. I want to split it with my buddies to reduce costs.
I've read that it is around 5 devices simultaneously, but I can't find out if that means 5 devices that are registered or 5 devices using the service at the same time. There are also just as many posts about people having their account suspended because MLB saw there were multiple IP addresses using one account at the same time. I think if you do decide to "cheat" the system be prepared to have your account suspended if caught.

Reactions: PG Canuck

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Go to MLB when it was actually happening. He was complicit, it's not like he's the victim or completely innocent and a man of full integrity.

It's better for baseball that he did eventually make it known though.
The A's did go to mlb when it was happening (obv w/ info from Fiers) and the league buried it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Fair then. Doesn't fully excuse the delay though.
From what I gather, they reported it, the league did nothing, then Houston continued to cheat. He tried to go the anonymous route and let the league handle it, but Manfred didn't want to do his job properly. Going public was likely the only way they'd actually be forced to act upon it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
From what I gather, they reported it, the league did nothing, then Houston continued to cheat. He tried to go the anonymous route and let the league handle it, but Manfred didn't want to do his job properly. Going public was likely the only way they'd actually be forced to act upon it.
Gotcha, then yeah, going public was the only option if that's true. And it's not like MLB gets the benefit of the doubt for holding up the integrity of the game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Oh no - the dreaded " swimming pool injury " strikes again. :laugh:

from cbssports.com:

The Reds have had a busy offseason with nearly all positive news, including the recent signing of outfielder Nick Castellanos. Now here's a little bad news, Cincy. All-Star third baseman Eugenio Suarez has suffered an offseason injury -- in a swimming pool of all places -- and needed surgery.

Here's the team's statement from Tuesday afternoon:

Cincinnati Reds 3B Eugenio Suárez today had surgery to remove loose cartilage in his right shoulder, an injury suffered recently in a swimming pool.

Suárez' physical activity will be limited at the beginning of spring training.

The team anticipates him to be ready to play toward the beginning of the regular season.

OK, so it's not horrible news. Suarez is expected to be ready to play early in the regular season and it could be worse.

Then again, it's his throwing shoulder and setbacks can happen. Plus, it says "toward the beginning" of the season, not right at the start. What does "toward the beginning" mean, specifically? Well, it could be mid-May if you squint that way.

Full story: Reds slugger Eugenio Suarez undergoes shoulder surgery after injury in swimming pool

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I can’t be the only one who finds this hilarious. Aren’t the Yankees still paying Ellsbury? Don’t the Mariners have Kelenic, one of the top prospects in baseball?

Crippled? I guess if playing like an All-Star cripples a team, I’ll take it!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

I can’t be the only one who finds this hilarious. Aren’t the Yankees still paying Ellsbury? Don’t the Mariners have Kelenic, one of the top prospects in baseball?

Crippled? I guess if playing like an All-Star cripples a team, I’ll take it!

Without reading, I assume Cashman is deflecting for being called cheap or something.

Mariners issues over the years would have existed with or without Cano and his contract.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Cubs were always going to win it, but it's just another example of why the rule needs a lower threshold for a full season of MLB service time.

Reactions: Voight

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I like the look of those new Pirates jerseys, be nice to see this logo return as well:

upload_2020-2-2_16-36-11.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad