2019 MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So somebody accused the Brewers of doing what the Astros have (allegedly) done.... specifically in a Yelich vs Darvish at bat... then You even replied .... and Yelich's response is MVP-worthy :laugh:

(click Darvish's tweet if you wanna see what the person was trying to accuse Yelich/Brewers bullpen of)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So somebody accused the Brewers of doing what the Astros have (allegedly) done.... specifically in a Yelich vs Darvish at bat... then You even replied .... and Yelich's response is MVP-worthy :laugh:

(click Darvish's tweet if you wanna see what the person was trying to accuse Yelich/Brewers bullpen of)

The guy accusing the Brewers doesn't know where left-centre is.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I saw that comment by Yelich, that's quite good. I wonder what punishment, if any, the Astros get for the alleged sign stealing.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
I don't think this should get it's own thread so will post it here.

Former NBA executive wants to bring MLB team to Orlando - Sportsnet.ca

When someone comes out with a team name without even starting a process, it's hard to take this seriously.

Doesn't the Rays TV territory cover the Orlando area? Unless the Rays move out of state, I don't see how MLB entertains another team in Florida.

Just want to gauge interest at this time? Doesn't seem like he's had discussions with MLB officials never mind any stadium plan.

Dreamers is a very suitable name for this venture. It has the same probably of getting off the ground as the Toronto Legacy for the NHL

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't think this should get it's own thread so will post it here.

Former NBA executive wants to bring MLB team to Orlando - Sportsnet.ca

When someone comes out with a team name without even starting a process, it's hard to take this seriously.

Doesn't the Rays TV territory cover the Orlando area? Unless the Rays move out of state, I don't see how MLB entertains another team in Florida.

Just want to gauge interest at this time? Doesn't seem like he's had discussions with MLB officials never mind any stadium plan.

Dreamers is a very suitable name for this venture. It has the same probably of getting off the ground as the Toronto Legacy for the NHL
you have to keep in mind, the Rays are splitting games between St. Petersburg and Montreal, which already has been greenlighted

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
cotton just couldn't catch a break the last few years. TJS and then hamstring surgery

hope he can catch on somewhere

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yankees file grievance to recoup lion’s share of Jacoby Ellsbury’s contract

Two days after releasing Jacoby Ellsbury, the Yankees have filed a grievance seeking to recoup a lion’s share of the money they’ve paid him since 2017, as well as what they still owe. The filing comes after the team learned the chronically injured center fielder was receiving unauthorized and undisclosed medical treatment from an Atlanta clinic.'

Citing violation of the standard player’s contract which requires players “to remain in first class physical condition” and to inform the club of any medical treatment received outside of the realm of the team’s physicians, the Yankees, through the grievance, are asking that the final year of Ellsbury’s $21 million contract for 2020 be converted to non-guaranteed (they owe an additional $5 million for buying out 2021). A few months ago, the Yankees were tipped off that Ellsbury had been receiving treatment at the Progressive Medical Center in Atlanta, headed up by a controversial physician named Viktor Bouquette.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I've never agreed with blackouts at all. If the game is on TV it should be able to be viewed by whoever, no matter where they live.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's stupid. I live on the other side of the world and it's easier for me to catch Astros games than for someone living in Texas. Wtf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad