• Calle Loponen

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, its already been established we're considering him a prospect...

He's not getting votes because most (correctly) don't consider him a prospect of ours, because he's not on the Leafs 50 man contracts, nor our reserve list. He's signed to the Marlies. Similar to Hudson Elynuik, who frankly, is arguably a better AHL contract than Brazeau. Similar size. A center. Better skating. Better numbers in the CHL in 17-18. Only difference is he played at a pro level last season, while Brazeau was eligible to play his 21 year old season in the CHL.

People aren't "sleeping" on Brazeau. Just few people consider him an actual prospect because he's not under contract to the Leafs, and not on our reserve list.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He's not getting votes because most (correctly) don't consider him a prospect of ours, because he's not on the Leafs 50 man contracts, nor our reserve list. He's signed to the Marlies. Similar to Hudson Elynuik, who frankly, is arguably a better AHL contract than Brazeau. Similar size. A center. Better skating. Better numbers in the CHL in 17-18. Only difference is he played at a pro level last season, while Brazeau was eligible to play his 21 year old season in the CHL.

People aren't "sleeping" on Brazeau. Just few people consider him an actual prospect because he's not under contract to the Leafs, and not on our reserve list.

Well then that is a little childish of you. Its established for all intents purposes that he's a prospect of ours in these polls. Like I've mentioned previously (with no answers)... How is Brazeau any less of a prospect as a guy like Abruzzese (or Joshua before he got traded this weekend)? Brazeau can not leave our organization without us allowing him to. Abruzzese can sign with whatever team he wants after 4 years at Harvard... The poll creater decided he's a viable option, and considering him a prospect... So why can't you accept that?

Its quite comical (and kind of weird and dishonest) that you're now trying to equate Elynuik to Brazeau... Brazeau is a better prospect, with much more upside. You're also twisting facts around. Elynuik played his U21 season in the CHL, just like Brazeau has. Elynuik may be a better skater (for now), but Brazeau is essentially better at everything else. He absolutely carried his team to the playoffs, Elynuik had quality support around him (Yamamoto, Anderson-Dolan, Ty Smith, etc). Even if you want to comparea Elynuik's U21 season to Brazeau's U20 season, you cannot honestly think Elynuik had a superior 2017-2018 campaign, can you? Brazeau still had no support around him. Scored 10 more goals, 9 fewer points in 5 fewer games... Just imagine the numbers Brazeau would have got if he had the same quality of teammates that Elynuik had. Now lets compare their U21 campaigns Brazeau scored 28 more goals, 21 more points in 5 fewer games. With NOBODY to support him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well then that is a little childish of you. Its established for all intents purposes that he's a prospect of ours in these polls. Like I've mentioned previously (with no answers)... How is Brazeau any less of a prospect as a guy like Abruzzese (or Joshua before he got traded this weekend)? Brazeau can not leave our organization without us allowing him to. Abruzzese can sign with whatever team he wants after 4 years at Harvard... The poll creater decided he's a viable option, and considering him a prospect... So why can't you accept that?

Its quite comical (and kind of weird and dishonest) that you're now trying to equate Elynuik to Brazeau... Brazeau is a better prospect, with much more upside. You're also twisting facts around. Elynuik played his U21 season in the CHL, just like Brazeau has. Elynuik may be a better skater (for now), but Brazeau is essentially better at everything else. He absolutely carried his team to the playoffs, Elynuik had quality support around him (Yamamoto, Anderson-Dolan, Ty Smith, etc). Even if you want to comparea Elynuik's U21 season to Brazeau's U20 season, you cannot honestly think Elynuik had a superior 2017-2018 campaign, can you? Brazeau still had no support around him. Scored 10 more goals, 9 fewer points in 5 fewer games... Just imagine the numbers Brazeau would have got if he had the same quality of teammates that Elynuik had. Now lets compare their U21 campaigns Brazeau scored 28 more goals, 21 more points in 5 fewer games. With NOBODY to support him.

It’s not childish for people to not consider Brazeau a prospect or ours, because he’s not. He’s not under contract to the Leafs, nor on our reserve list. If you consider him a prospect, that’s fine. But people are voting for their top prospect in each poll, and if people don’t consider Brazeau our prospect, that’s their right.

Elniyuk and Brazeau are 3 months apart. They both will turn 22 this season. It’s reasonable to compare their seasons as is. And Elynuik had a higher PPG, and plays a premiere position, so I do consider he had the better year in 17-18. He has better vision, better skating, better playmaking. Brazeau has a better shot though. Also, you keep talking about “support”. I’d argue that if Brazeau was on a better team, he’d have less opportunity and produce less.

I’m not looking to argue or debate this. I was simply explaining that people aren’t “sleeping” on Brazeau, they just don’t consider him a prospect, and it doesn’t matter if he’s in the poll or not.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Marchment again. No one else like him in the system. He's wildly entertaining.

Surprised to see Arguchintsev in this early. His last season for a post draft year at his size is alarmingly bad, no matter how good he looks in these prospect camps.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Elniyuk and Brazeau are 3 months apart. They both will turn 22 this season. It’s reasonable to compare their seasons as is. And Elynuik had a higher PPG, and plays a premiere position, so I do consider he had the better year in 17-18. He has better vision, better skating, better playmaking. Brazeau has a better shot though. Also, you keep talking about “support”. I’d argue that if Brazeau was on a better team, he’d have less opportunity and produce less.

I’m not looking to argue or debate this. I was simply explaining that people aren’t “sleeping” on Brazeau, they just don’t consider him a prospect, and it doesn’t matter if he’s in the poll or not.

1) You were still being dishonest suggesting Brazeau played his U21 season in junior and Elynuik didn't. You should be comparing their U21 seasons...

2) They may only be 2-3 months apart in age, but they're years apart in development. This is what makes Brazeau so intriguing. Brazeau didn't really take hockey seriously until get started playing with North Bay... so in some respects, he's a few years behind in development. I think having formal training sessions with our development staff (which he has for a couple months now), should do wonders for Brazeau's develpment. You might not see it right away, but give him 2 years and he's a legit option for the Leafs... and in the future he'll be a 20-30 goal guy... easy. You can already see how Brazeau's development in junior has followed a steeper incline, I fully expect that to continue when he goes Pro.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
1) You were still being dishonest suggesting Brazeau played his U21 season in junior and Elynuik didn't. You should be comparing their U21 seasons...

2) They may only be 2-3 months apart in age, but they're years apart in development. This is what makes Brazeau so intriguing. Brazeau didn't really take hockey seriously until get started playing with North Bay... so in some respects, he's a few years behind in development. I think having formal training sessions with our development staff (which he has for a couple months now), should do wonders for Brazeau's develpment. You might not see it right away, but give him 2 years and he's a legit option for the Leafs... and in the future he'll be a 20-30 goal guy... easy. You can already see how Brazeau's development in junior has followed a steeper incline, I fully expect that to continue when he goes Pro.

I never said U21.

I said 21.

Who is being dishonest?

And for all intents and purposes, Elyniuk and Brazeau both turned 21 this season. Once there’s no draft to be eligible for, draft eligibility doesn’t mean more than actual physical age.

Again, this is all besides the point. Point is, people aren’t sleeping on Brazeau, they aren’t voting for him because they don’t consider him a Leafs prospect. That is everyone’s right.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I never said U21.

I said 21.

Who is being dishonest?

And for all intents and purposes, Elyniuk and Brazeau both turned 21 this season. Once there’s no draft to be eligible for, draft eligibility doesn’t mean more than actual physical age.

Again, this is all besides the point. Point is, people aren’t sleeping on Brazeau, they aren’t voting for him because they don’t consider him a Leafs prospect. That is everyone’s right.

This is so wrong. Stop twisting things man, this isn't characteristic of you.... Hockey programs are typically based on calendar year... You're basically saying there is no excuse for someone to be behind 1 year in development when they're only 3 months younger... even when they're 1 year behind in development. In Brazeau's case, because of where he grew up, he's probably more than 1 year behind in development, too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is so wrong. Stop twisting things man, this isn't characteristic of you.... Hockey programs are typically based on calendar year... You're basically saying there is no excuse for someone to be behind 1 year in development when they're only 3 months younger... even when they're 1 year behind in development. In Brazeau's case, because of where he grew up, he's probably more than 1 year behind in development, too.

Regardless of your thoughts on my philosophies, the main point stands.

People aren’t sleeping on Brazeau, they don’t consider him an actual prospect. If they don’t see him as a prospect, they don’t rank him, and thus don’t vote for him.

Brazeau vs Elynuik is irrelevant, though I personally feel Elynuik is the better quality prospect on an AHL deal. And considering Elynuik was a former 3rd rounder, and Braszeau is undrafted, that’s not a new opinion.

You don’t need to agree. That’s fine.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Regardless of your thoughts on my philosophies, the main point stands.

People aren’t sleeping on Brazeau, they don’t consider him an actual prospect. If they don’t see him as a prospect, they don’t rank him, and thus don’t vote for him.

Brazeau vs Elynuik is irrelevant, though I personally feel Elynuik is the better quality prospect on an AHL deal. And considering Elynuik was a former 3rd rounder, and Braszeau is undrafted, that’s not a new opinion.

You don’t need to agree. That’s fine.

:laugh: Too funny man, you kept digging yourself in a hole, and now you're trying to get out saying its irrelevant. If it's irrelevant, why did you bring it up to begin with?

You're also assuming everyone not voting for Brazeau right now aren't voting because they don't view him a prospect. We'll see if that is true or not...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Kivihalme for me

I went and watched tape of him after we signed him, I was quietly impressed
The guys a one man breakout with good defensive instincts, good 4 way mobility and the ability to advance the puck through the neutral zone
I'll take that skill set any day of the week

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:laugh: Too funny man, you kept digging yourself in a hole, and now you're trying to get out saying its irrelevant. If it's irrelevant, why did you bring it up to begin with?

You're also assuming everyone not voting for Brazeau right now aren't voting because they don't view him a prospect. We'll see if that is true or not...

You not agreeing with me is not a hole.

They are 3 months apart. They are both 6’5-6’6, it’s not like they have physical development going on. One had a better 17-18. One played pro in 18-19 and one player in the OHL. One is a former 3rd rounder, and one has never been drafted. (Which I generally don’t care about, but you cared what OHL GM and Scouts thought when comparing Brazeau and Hollowell, so might as well include what NHL GM’s and scouts thought)

I mentioned it, as a secondary point, you decided to focus on it.

I’m not sure why you’re so defensive about Brazeau. Personal connection there or?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Mark me down as one. Won't vote for Brazeau for that reason alone.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Is Brazeau actually got a professional contract from us I'd easily have him top 15.

See, I don’t get this? Why does a business decision influence your opinion? If the leafs signed Brazeau to an ELC what difference does it make?

You not agreeing with me is not a hole.

They are 3 months apart. They are both 6’5-6’6, it’s not like they have physical development going on. One had a better 17-18. One played pro in 18-19 and one player in the OHL. One is a former 3rd rounder, and one has never been drafted. (Which I generally don’t care about, but you cared what OHL GM and Scouts thought when comparing Brazeau and Hollowell, so might as well include what NHL GM’s and scouts thought)

I mentioned it, as a secondary point, you decided to focus on it.

I’m not sure why you’re so defensive about Brazeau. Personal connection there or?

I didn’t say disagreeing with me is a hole. I value other opinions and I’m not saying anyone is stupid for a differing opinion. All I said was people are sleeping on Brazeau :laugh:

Height doesn’t influence physical development. Muscle mass does. This is an area they both are probably still developing in...

I’m not really defensive about Brazeau, I don’t care that people are sleeping on him... I’m just correcting your false statements at this point. :laugh:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
See, I don’t get this? Why does a business decision influence your opinion? If the leafs signed Brazeau to an ELC what difference does it make?

I didn’t say disagreeing with me is a hole. I value other opinions and I’m not saying anyone is stupid for a differing opinion. All I said was people are sleeping on Brazeau :laugh:

Height doesn’t influence physical development. Muscle mass does. This is an area they both are probably still developing in...

I’m not really defensive about Brazeau, I don’t care that people are sleeping on him... I’m just correcting your false statements at this point. :laugh:
Because he's not Leafs property, he shouldn't even be on this list.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Weirder things have happened, but I think a 6’6, 226 pound 21 year old is doing okay in the muscle mass department.

There was nothing false

In fact, the thing you corrected me on “Elynuik didn’t play his U21 in the CHL” was not even something I said, as I said Elyniuk didn’t play his 21 year old season in the CHL, not “under 21” season.

Like I said, above, I’d have him on the same tier, which is a much better ranking system, as the 10-18 guys I have on my list. Same place I’d place Elynuik.....

... if they were Leaf prospects.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Because he's not Leafs property, he shouldn't even be on this list.

But he is! The Leafs have found a way to obtain and develop prospects without having them on your 50 man roster right away... the Leafs have first rights on all their AHL guys... They don’t even have that for their drafted NCAA or OHL guys that can sign or renter the draft to join another organization.

By all intents and purposes, they are Leafs prospects and should be penalized for what is on their context.

It’s simple. Who is Brazeau signed with? The Marlies! Who are the Marlies an affiliate of? The Leafs! Which NHL team gets first rights to Brazeau’s services? the Leafs!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
But he is! The Leafs have found a way to obtain and develop prospects without having them on your 50 man roster right away... the Leafs have first rights on all their AHL guys... They don’t even have that for their drafted NCAA or OHL guys that can sign or renter the draft to join another organization.

By all intents and purposes, they are Leafs prospects and should be penalized for what is on their context.

It’s simple. Who is Brazeau signed with? The Marlies! Who are the Marlies an affiliate of? The Leafs! Which NHL team gets first rights to Brazeau’s services? the Leafs!

Can you show me the official source that shows that NHL Teams have first rights of refusal to players their AHL team has signed?

Because to my understanding, that’s not a thing, and after a google search, nothing like that comes up. Brazeau can choose to bring an ELC offer to the Leafs and give them the option of matching. But that’s not an official thing.

Also, NCAA and CHL prospects are on the Leafs official reserve list. They are officially Leafs property until they are not, and until they are not, no other team is allowed to talk to them. That is not the case with Brazeau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->