Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:

1. Rasmus Sandin -- 68.3%
2. Timothy Liljegren -- 87.4%
3. Jeremy Bracco -- 60.7%
4. Nicholas Robertson -- 40.5%
5. Trevor Moore -- 32.9%
6. Ilya Mikheyev -- 24%
7. Joseph Woll -- 32.8%
8. Ian Scott -- 47.9%
9. Mikko Kokkonen -- 39.5%
10. Yegor Korshkov -- 29.8%
11. Mac Hollowell -- 35.4%
12. Jesper Lindgren -- 26.5%
13. Pierre Engvall -- 31.6% (tie)
13. Semyon Der-Aruchintsev -- 31.6% (tie)

Mike Koster
Vladislav Kara
Dmytro Timashov
Mikhail Abramov
Adam Brooks
Riley Stotts
Filip Kral
Nick Abruzzese
Eemeli Rasanen
Calle Loponen
Teemu Kivihalme
Justin Brazeau
Pontus Holmberg
Joe Duszak
Mason Marchment

Martins Dzierkals
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Ryan O'Connell
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Miro Aaltonen
Aaron Luchuk

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13

Suggest who I should add next. :D

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
You guys are REALLY sleeping on Brazeau, now... Holy Moly!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: ChrisCall

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I went Mikhail Abramov here, but Brooks, Kivi, Kral, and Duszak are acceptable options as well.

Remove Brazeau

Add Kizimov and Luchuk.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
@Schenn You doing 20 or 30 this year? I seem to recall you mentioning only doing 20 this year...

If so, we really don't need to add new prospects, do we??

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Brooks. My bet to be this year's Hyman/Johnsson/Moore and emerge as an AHL Star/ viable NHL roster player as a U24. Hard working intelligent C that is always in the place at the right time doing the right things. Took a big step production wise last year, look for a bigger one this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes noise in camp and is on the roster come playoffs.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Kivihalme.

I've mentioned before that I think he breaks camp as the Leafs 3rd pairing LD.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Kivihalme.

I've mentioned before that I think he breaks camp as the Leafs 3rd pairing LD.

He's in my top 10:

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco

Brazeau, Kivihalme, Duszak and Stotts all underrated around here

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's in my top 10:

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco

Brazeau isn't a Leafs prospect as of today. If he was he'd probably be 13th on my list, 1 ahead of Hollowell. Not sure why you're so obsessed with him, he had an average junior career until his overage season where he was 2-3 years older, and 4-8 inches taller. He's about the level of Brooks coming out of junior, except instead of size being the issue its skating.

Kivihalme I agree is underrated (even by me) but I can't justify him being above Lindgren when he was almost as good in the same league despite being 3 years younger. I'm one of the lower guys on Bracco on this board, but having him above Bracco is ungood.

Duszak I LOVE. Analytically comes out super well last season in college and broke all sorts of records. Also good with the Marlies. Weak comp in college, and need to see more than a couple games at the pro level to make it into the top-20 for me. I think i have him 21st. I picked him as my "biggest riser" in my prospect list this season.

Watching Stotts he looks like one of those players who just gets "it" so I've always been a fan. But he has slumps of uninspired play when he has the talent to be a PPG+ player. I don't see how he can be in anybody's top-20 today. Guy's nowhere near an ELC.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He's in my top 10:

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco

Agree on Brazeau, Kivi and Duszak.

However, with Stotts I don't see it. Smart player, but I didn't see the improvement from last year to this year that I would've liked, especially with how he ended last year with his increased roll/icetime.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
He's in my top 10:

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco

And Bracco is a little underrated in your books ;)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wow the Brooks train really getting going faster than I expected. I said a couple threads back when he was getting no votes I had him 14 and expected to be voting him a handful of times before he won, but with SDA and Engvall off the board maybe a lot of those votes are being reallocated where they should be. Adam Brooks.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
At this point, its obnoxious the way the same people pump up Brazeau.

I went with Marchment based on team need. Forgot about the Kivi pickup, good choice for this spot.

Reactions: hockeynorth

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Kivihalme

he can skate get shots through and make good passes. he's a triple threat if he can get accustomed to the smaller ice service could see him in the 3rd pair after camp

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Brazeau isn't a Leafs prospect as of today. If he was he'd probably be 13th on my list, 1 ahead of Hollowell. Not sure why you're so obsessed with him, he had an average junior career until his overage season where he was 2-3 years older, and 4-8 inches taller. He's about the level of Brooks coming out of junior, except instead of size being the issue its skating.

Kivihalme I agree is underrated (even by me) but I can't justify him being above Lindgren when he was almost as good in the same league despite being 3 years younger. I'm one of the lower guys on Bracco on this board, but having him above Bracco is ungood.

Duszak I LOVE. Analytically comes out super well last season in college and broke all sorts of records. Also good with the Marlies. Weak comp in college, and need to see more than a couple games at the pro level to make it into the top-20 for me. I think i have him 21st. I picked him as my "biggest riser" in my prospect list this season.

Watching Stotts he looks like one of those players who just gets "it" so I've always been a fan. But he has slumps of uninspired play when he has the talent to be a PPG+ player. I don't see how he can be in anybody's top-20 today. Guy's nowhere near an ELC.
Kivi is only two years older than Lindgren

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Wow the Brooks train really getting going faster than I expected. I said a couple threads back when he was getting no votes I had him 14 and expected to be voting him a handful of times before he won, but with SDA and Engvall off the board maybe a lot of those votes are being reallocated where they should be. Adam Brooks.

Personally I have Brooks ahead of Engvall as 96 born "almost there" guys, but SDA ahead of both on pure upside. I think people are little bit guilty of tool watching and overrating when it comes to Engvall, which I know is completely contradictory to being high on SDA's raw skill and projectability lol

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
At this point, its obnoxious the way the same people pump up Brazeau.

I went with Marchment based on team need. Forgot about the Kivi pickup, good choice for this spot.

Lighten up, have fun!

If stating that people are sleeping on Brazeau is "obnoxiously" pumping him up, then I'm sorry! :P

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Well, its already been established we're considering him a prospect... Also, i'd like to know how I'm 'obsessing'. Most of my Brazeau posts are responding to people....

Tell me, what is the difference between Abruzzese and Brazeau? Brazeau is only 1 year older, and if another team were to offer him an ELC before us, we just match and retain the asset.

Abbruzese can go play his 4 years at Harvard and sign with any team he wants.

I'd argue that Brazeau is just as much a prospect as any unsigned college guy.

I have Kivihalme ahead of Bracco, because I don't think Bracco can translate his game to the NHL level (He is no greater a prospect than Petan for instance).

Fair enough on Duszak. I was more impressed with him than Hollowell in the playoffs, which is why I have him ranked fairly high (Duszak at 13, Hollowell at 18).

I like Stotts' game, and in some ways Stotts reminds me of Leivo. Not stylistically, but just as prospect development / potential... I'm not giving up on him yet. He'll have to have a big year this year to get his ELC though...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Personally I have Brooks ahead of Engvall as 96 born "almost there" guys, but SDA ahead of both on pure upside. I think people are little bit guilty of tool watching and overrating when it comes to Engvall, which I know is completely contradictory to being high on SDA's raw skill and projectability lol

I have it SDA, Brooks, and Engvall in that order directly next to each other as well. It's uncanny how close my ranking is to the one here. Clearly I spend too much time reading these boards. Mine to 15 goes

1. Sandin
2. Liljegren
3. Bracco
4. Robertson
5. Moore
6. Woll
7. Scott
8. Mikheyev
9. Kokkonen
10. Korshkov
11. Hollowell
12. Lindgren
13. SDA
14. Brooks
15. Engvall

Haven't decided who I like next after that but probably Abramov, Timashov, Kivihalme, Kral, Rasanen or Duszak. So far the only difference between on ranking and mine is Mikheyev is 2 spots lower in mine moving the goalies up, and Engvall jumping Brooks for the tie though it seems like Brooks won't win again either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad