Prospect Info: 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #11

Prospect Ranking #11

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Watching him play in North Bay, personally has me think he doesn't have the potential. Most people are saying he's a great player by only stat watching and less so watching him. His skating isn't very good, he is not overly skilled and he mostly produced because he was so much bigger, older and stronger then everyone else. It's basically a man playing with boys.

I don't see him translating at the next level. I do not know what I am missing on but I do not see it. At best he may become a Freddy Gauthier type.

I am with @Cor on this one.
It depends on his will to win. Some guys can over power guys at next level too. I do not know his man strength levels so hard to tell. How much of MAC and Crosby is pure man strength and how much is skill. and compare that ratio to Willy. MAC can do chin ups forever. Can Willy even do 1? so it is a combination of strength and skill. no one ever knows for sure until they enter the league. even the AHL is not perfect although it gives a better indication as skill guys can kill it in the AHL but not skilled enough for NHL.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It depends on his will to win. Some guys can over power guys at next level too. I do not know his man strength levels so hard to tell. How much of MAC and Crosby is pure man strength and how much is skill. and compare that ratio to Willy. MAC can do chin ups forever. Can Willy even do 1? so it is a combination of strength and skill. no one ever knows for sure until they enter the league. even the AHL is not perfect although it gives a better indication as skill guys can kill it in the AHL but not skilled enough for NHL.

Such a silly argument, but it got me thinking about Willy's combine tests and damn, he f***ing killed it.

2nd in pro agility for both right and left. 1st in wingate peak and mean power output. 4th in hand eye. And although he isn't top 10 in "chin ups", it doesn't say specifically he didn't "even do 1" like it does with Sam Bennett. I bet you he's become stronger and faster since then too, or maybe he peaked at age 18.

MacKinnon on the other hand won the 5th best body fat in his year, idk seems like to me he doesn't have the heart of a competitor:

NHL Combine 2013 Results: Winners and Losers from Toronto Workouts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->