2019 Lady Byng Finalists: Barkov (FLA) Monahan (CGY) O'Reilly (STL)

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
Overlooked is Morgan Rielly of Toronto. He played defence where it is much harder to have a low number of penalty minutes. Rielly finished third among defencemen in scoring with only 14 PIMs. I would have had him there over Ryan O'Reilly.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Overlooked is Morgan Rielly of Toronto. He played defence where it is much harder to have a low number of penalty minutes. Rielly finished third among defencemen in scoring with only 14 PIMs. I would have had him there over Ryan O'Reilly.

Yeah thats pretty good for a d man, I agree. I just looked at the past 20 winners of the Lady Bing and only Brian Campbell won it as a dman...

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
Yeah thats pretty good for a d man, I agree. I just looked at the past 20 winners of the Lady Bing and only Brian Campbell won it as a dman...

Brian Campbell, Red Kelly (3 times as a defenceman and a fourth time as a forward) and Bill Quackenbush are the only defencemen ever to win the Lady Byng. For the record the award has been around since 1925.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
With the talk about him being a finalist for the Norris Trophy, I never once thought he had the stats to be Lady Byng finalist.

Reactions: Mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->