2019 Isles... Which one are you?

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
No rules, total freeplay.

Which player from this year's team are you most similar to, in style of play?

I am sort of a hybrid between Zeeky and Beau. Smallish, could skate like the wind, was a pitbull in pursuit, and couldn't score worth a shit, lol. Caused a lot of turnovers, back checked like a maniac. Was used as the high guy on the PK (and was the high guy after the game, lol. I kid ;) ), because of my speed and tenacity. Had many a break away, but most resulted in either, people in the stands ducking (think Slapshot), or me losing the puck on the way in. I mean really losing it, like... we couldn't find the puck. :laugh:

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I didn't start playing ice hockey until I was a junior in High School, so my skating left a lot to be desired...won't even try to compare myself to anybody. However, I was a rockstar on the tennis courts and various sport court rinks like Mt. Sinai and Bayport. Probably I would compare myself to....and I hate to say it, JT. Was not really fast, didn't have any breakaway speed but I was really good at staying strong on the puck and just finding holes through defenders with good mitts, a heavy accurate shot and good hands in close. Don't want to toot my own horn, but I will. Whenever we split up sticks I was always the guy they said needed to go to the weaker team because it wasn't fair, or I couldn't play with so and so because it wasn't fair, lol.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I didn't start playing ice hockey until I was a junior in High School, so my skating left a lot to be desired...won't even try to compare myself to anybody. However, I was a rockstar on the tennis courts and various sport court rinks like Mt. Sinai and Bayport. Probably I would compare myself to....and I hate to say it, JT. Was not really fast, didn't have any breakaway speed but I was really good at staying strong on the puck and just finding holes through defenders with good mitts, a heavy accurate shot and good hands in close. Don't want to toot my own horn, but I will. Whenever we split up sticks I was always the guy they said needed to go to the weaker team because it wasn't fair, or I couldn't play with so and so because it wasn't fair, lol.

JT isn't an option per the OP rules, so just like him, you stink. ;)

I'm Cizikas with Clutterbuck's back issues, which means I'm not very effective anymore. :laugh:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Probably more like Hickey than anyone else. Good defensively, but totally useless on offence. Played about fifty games last year, and might have scored a goal.

When I'm on a new team, and get asked what position I play, my response is "if you've seem me play forward, you know I don't."

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
My ice hockey career consists of midnight starts at the Cold Sping Harbor Country Club back in the 80's.They had an out door rink and they closed at 11 each night. My pal worked there and would close the gate, wrap the chain but leave the lock open for us at the Jericho Turnpike entrance.He would have the ice zambonied all nice for us and I remember a big fireplace inside for when finished we would all of course have a few beers .
Anyway, I was a hybrid of Brian Strait and Mitch Fritz. That's right, I was not good at anything except the beer part of course . For those that were wondering no you can not play hacky sack on skates.

I know this thread is for 2019 Isles players but they don't fit for me . Sorry op.

LGI

Reactions: Bones45 and dood

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I was a pond legend in Massapequa in the last 80's. Thought I was Bryan Trottier. I was kind of chippy and set up alot of goals. Oh yea, could not stop me playing dek hockey in farmingdale. I was sure Bill Torrey was watching. Guess not. LGI

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
So, let me see if I have this right, this is a thread where everyone gets to lie about how great they were back in the day? If that is the case then it's redundant because from what I've seen so far, that is the implied message in every post on these boards. Of course, in my case it's actually true. :naughty:

Reactions: The Real JT

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
So, let me see if I have this right, this is a thread where everyone gets to lie about how great they were back in the day? If that is the case then it's redundant because from what I've seen so far, that is the implied message in every post on these boards. Of course, in my case it's actually true. :naughty:
Don't have a like button, but you nailed it buddy.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
No rules, total freeplay.

Which player from this year's team are you most similar to, in style of play?

I am sort of a hybrid between Zeeky and Beau. Smallish, could skate like the wind, was a pitbull in pursuit, and couldn't score worth a ****, lol. Caused a lot of turnovers, back checked like a maniac. Was used as the high guy on the PK (and was the high guy after the game, lol. I kid ;) ), because of my speed and tenacity. Had many a break away, but most resulted in either, people in the stands ducking (think Slapshot), or me losing the puck on the way in. I mean really losing it, like... we couldn't find the puck. :laugh:

Andddd you don't feel more like Nelson than anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: bigtim1988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad