GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championships - 8 Lightning players represented

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There are no competitive games today on NHLN.

6 am - US v France
10 am - Sweden v Italy
2 pm - Canada v GBR

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kucherov didn't score 3 breakaways from Gusev's passes (one of them),

and Gusev scored (from Kucherov) on his first attempt. These two look fantastic so far at the tournament. Like, Soviet/Russian hockey at its best.

Last edited:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

This season, I'll admit that I'm torn by their performance. On the one hand, I love seeing our guys excel at Worlds. Even though we didn't make the playoffs one season, it was a blast to watch Point, Vasy and Kucherov shine for their respective teams and Hedman and Strålman as the dominant top pair for the Gold Medal winning Team Sweden at the 2017 Worlds.

On the other hand, this year's playoffs early exit left a more bitter taste than that last time our guys were able to play for Worlds. I keep thinking that it would have been nice for them to show those skills during the playoffs. :P

Plus it also makes me sad to think both Hedman and Strålman had to miss Worlds despite being invited, as both of them declined the honor due to injury. :(

Reactions: LightningStrikes

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Italy scoreless through 5 games with 38 goals allowed. An impressive GAA of 7.60.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah but there are czech forwards who are not even a NHL players and they are playing better than him. I dont know whats wrong.

Palat isn’t an NHL player either. Only reason he gets any points is because he plays on a stacked team and Cooper is in love with him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
My app shows Sweden beat Latvia 5-4 with the last goal being an empty netter...? I assume they've messed something up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->