2019 HHOF Mock Poll

2019 HHOF Mock Poll. Choose 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
While the HHOF most likely won't have 4 NHL Players get inducted, this Poll will let you choose 5 and the top 4 will be the "projected hall of famers of 2019". I am choosing the Top 21 players off of Not in Hall of Fame - Hockey Page #1 (Top 22 excluding cherry, this is a players mock poll), It isn't that accurate but it's good enough, along with 6 more players i chose within the top 40 or so, and Patrik Elias because he is eligible in 2019 (last game in 2016). You can also choose a player not on the list by clicking other and reply which one in the comments.
Poll expires April 10th 2019.

-BlueBull

To mods: there is a difference between this and the HHOF 2019 thread, due to the poll.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Not really a single must-induct on the list...

Chose Alfredsson and Elias for their value to their franchises. Chose Roenick and Fleury for their notoriety (the "fame" aspect). Chose Joseph for his string of early-round playoff heroics on underdog teams. He had a memorable career if nothing else.

Reactions: ted2019

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I voted other.

I want to see Boris Mikhailov, Vladimir Martinec, and Jiri Holecek before any of these players get inducted. From this list, the first choice I'd make would be Alfredsson.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I voted other.

I want to see Boris Mikhailov, Vladimir Martinec, and Jiri Holecek before any of these players get inducted. From this list, the first choice I'd make would be Alfredsson.

Good point. Even guys like Bobrov, Malacek, Sven Tumba would make for good candidates as pioneers of the sport in Europe. The HOF lazily inducting yet another 80s/90s forward because he broke the magical 1000 career point plateau is unfortunately much more likely.

Reactions: gary69

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Good point. Even guys like Bobrov, Malacek, Sven Tumba would make for good candidates as pioneers of the sport in Europe. The HOF lazily inducting yet another 80s/90s forward because he broke the magical 1000 career point plateau is unfortunately much more likely.
I wish the HHOF would stop pretending Czech players didn't exist until Hasek and Jagr became famous.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I voted for two only: Alfredsson and (maybe) Theo Fleury.

Neither was ever at the top of the sport and maybe for a season they were the best at their position. So, in itself, that's not even Hall-worthy. But, both were really good for a really long time, and both were the face of a (Canadian) franchise for much of their career. So, I can see it.

There's a case to make for Barasso and Roenick, but it's not enough of a case. Hockey needs to be much more exclusive with its Hall.

Nobody else is worthy.

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wickenheiser isn't eligible.
St-Pierre... is absolutely overdue.

She is eligible as EliteProspects has her appearing in a game in 2016/17 when her last game was in 2015/16 for the CWHL. The CWHL does not have her registered as playing a game in 2016/17. It looks like The Hockey News is the only place to say that Wick is eligible for 2020 rather than 2019. Every other article written has Wick eligible for this year's class.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Gut feeling I'd say Patrik Elias, because he played his entire career in New Jersey, went to four SC finals winning two SCs, played many roles inside the lineup throughout his career, seemed like a good guy and leader (?), had a 20 years career, have decent career totals.

But... that doesn't mean I'd be enthousiastically pushing for him, or anyone on the list, to make it.But first choice at quick glance would be Elias.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I have to imagine Alfredsson finally gets it. I think he's the most deserving player up on that list, and I bet the HHOF will probably want to throw Sens fans a bone after the year they just had.

The rest I'd probably even out with Fleury, Turgeon, and Roenick/Elias.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I voted for two only: Alfredsson and (maybe) Theo Fleury.

Neither was ever at the top of the sport and maybe for a season they were the best at their position. So, in itself, that's not even Hall-worthy. But, both were really good for a really long time, and both were the face of a (Canadian) franchise for much of their career. So, I can see it.

There's a case to make for Barasso and Roenick, but it's not enough of a case. Hockey needs to be much more inclusive with its Hall.

Nobody else is worthy.

You do realize that you are describing probably over 50% of all HHOFers?

I picked the 5 most worthy, including the above 2 I had Elias, Wilson and surprisingly (to myself when I compared them for 15 minutes) Bernie Nicholls.

Nicholls just produced for a long time in a lot of different circumstances.

But I'm also fine with only have one or 2 of these guys make the HHOF as well.

Alfie is making it in I think.

I'm also surprised that Middelton wasn't an option.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I voted other.

Over-under on number of non-NHL Europeans who would be (imo) better options than the names listed in the poll: nine, absolute freaking minimum. And that's even completely sidestepping the whole Krutov controversy.

Firsov
Mikhailov
Martinec
Vasiliev
Suchý
Holoček
Pospíšil
Maltsev
Petrov

Nedomanský and Kasatanov slot into the "defensible" (as opposed to "obvious") compartment.

Not going to change anyone's mind on Krutov, and I know he'll never get a plaque, but there are scores of worse players in the Hall than him.

Reactions: Merya

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The recent player I want the most in the HHOG is probably Fleury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->