• Luke Schenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Witkowski

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
What would you answer when asked by a non-hockey fan: Who's the Lightning's best player? I mean, right now because I have tickets. Who should I watch out for?

Let's do that and go down the list.
Rules: None. The definition of "best" is entirely up to you.
Leave a post to let the world know why your pick is superior to all other picks.

#1 RW NIKITA KUCHEROV
71.4% of votes

shirtlesskuch.PNG

#2 LD VICTOR HEDMAN
66.7% of votes

hUmY2o2.jpg

#3 C BRAYDEN POINT
43.9% of votes

shirtlesspointer.jpg

#4 G ANDREI VASILEVSKIY

61.1% of votes

shirtlessvasy.PNG

#5 C STEVEN STAMKOS
87.5% of votes

mnTVThG.jpg

#6 LD RYAN MCDONAGH
73.0% of votes

shirtlessmac.PNG

#7 C/RW Tyler Johnson
50% of votes

shirtlessjohnny.PNG

#9 ???????

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I might have to go Cernak. Making cases for him, Cirelli, and Gourde in my head. Cernak is definitely the "shiny new thing," but man... he was really, really good. And not just for a rookie.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I might have to go Cernak. Making cases for him, Cirelli, and Gourde in my head. Cernak is definitely the "shiny new thing," but man... he was really, really good. And not just for a rookie.
I think he'd be #7 if he had say two seasons at the level he was for those 58 games this season, but I'll give others the edge due to longevity. Cirelli, Gourde, and then I'd go with Cernak.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he'd be #7 if he had say two seasons at the level he was for those 58 games this season, but I'll give others the edge due to longevity. Cirelli, Gourde, and then I'd go with Cernak.
Agreed. At the same, he turned into a legit #3 overnight and rarely had the usual rookie speedbumps. If he's actually a legit 3D, then it's hard not to value that over middle-six forwards. I mean, Cirelli's kind of in the same boat except he played a handful more games. So I guess between cernak and Cirelli, I go cernak. But gourde has a 60 point season under his belt, and has scored 20 twice. So I think it's between those two for me.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Cirelli. Our best defensive center with a scoring touch that's coming along nicely. I expect more big steps from him this year.

Reactions: Stormbreaker

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Rocko. It's getting closer now but I went with Cirelli due to his defensive ability as a center and sneaky goodness. Though Gourde and Cernak and even Killorn were tempting.o_O

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
BTW, some possible contributions to the 'shirtless' meme. ;)

Kuch catching some sun at the beach.
shirtlesskuch.PNG

Vasy rollerblading down Bayshore Blvd. in Tampa
shirtlessvasy.PNG

Pointer from an article about scars from injuries in hockey after he took a puck to the face.
shirtlesspointer.jpg

More to come...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure Cirelli has a case over Cernak. I know Cirelli was great, but Cernak was probably better in the 58 games he played. He was only a hair behind McDonagh as our best shutdown D, and that's saying something. Also probably our best player in the sweep, which I know doesn't mean much, and Cirelli might have been our only other player who performed above expectations. Maybe Paquette.

I know Cirelli's gonna win this running away, but I think I'm gonna go Cernak. It feels like Cirelli's sample size is larger, but it's really not THAT much larger.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I'd put him at 5 or 6 if he played at this seasons level for two seasons

Voted Cernak

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd put him at 5 or 6 if he played at this seasons level for two seasons

Voted Cernak

Still tough to put him over McDonagh if McDonagh continues at last year's level. Point, Kuch, Stammer, Hedman, Vasy... Tough to find a spot for Cernak in there, unless he takes another big step.

I voted him here too and think he can hit #7, but 6 would probably have to involve a drop-off in somebody else's play.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Still tough to put him over McDonagh if McDonagh continues at last year's level. Point, Kuch, Stammer, Hedman, Vasy... Tough to find a spot for Cernak in there, unless he takes another big step.

I voted him here too and think he can hit #7, but 6 would probably have to involve a drop-off in somebody else's play.

I thought he was on par with McDonagh or even looked better after the first 20 games or so when McD started to look human, plus he had a killer playoffs. I'd be a fool to project that, but if we are guaranteeing he plays at that level, I'd give him an edge. Plus he's a righty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad