• Mikhail Sergachev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Witkowski

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We don't know what a peak Point is yet. Could this season be the best Point will ever have? Sure. But we also thought Kucherov had his peak in 2015. And then in 2016. And every year since. Point is just a bigger force on both ends of the ice than Stamkos. Just because we didn't really use him in a defensive position this season doesn't change the fact that he's the best defensive forward on our team.

Only thing that really worries me about Point going forward is his size. Id hate to see him get banged up to the point where he just isnt Point anymore. A reason a part of me is hoping on some level this is a bridge deal that we see a few more years how he handles the league. Although you wouldnt see me complain one bit if it was a long term deal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Only thing that really worries me about Point going forward is his size. Id hate to see him get banged up to the point where he just isnt Point anymore. A reason a part of me is hoping on some level this is a bridge deal that we see a few more years how he handles the league. Although you wouldnt see me complain one bit if it was a long term deal.

He really doesn't take a whole lot of abuse, or a play a style that would lead to that kind of thing. A lot of 5'11 players have amazing and long careers.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He really doesn't take a whole lot of abuse, or a play a style that would lead to that kind of thing. A lot of 5'11 players have amazing and long careers.

I was just reminded of Tyler Johnson and how he went through that playoffs lighting the world on fire and then deep in the playoffs he gets his wrist injured and then was not effective. I know they are different players but size is similar. Id just hate to see something similar happen. You are right though, I dont see Point going in front of the net pushing into guys after the whistle like TJ likes to do from time to time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad