Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Witkowski

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Tired of worrying about Pointageddon and spamming the 'refresh' button in the Brayden Point thread and on social media?
You're out of reasons let alone energy to bump old threads to trash the inept Jon Cooper?
Need something meaningful to do to distract you from your PTSD symptoms after our historical regular season followed by the most epic choke job in all of pro sports?
Time just won't pass at work but when you finally come home an girlfriend won't hold your hand and take an walk on the beach at sunset?
All you care about is hockey and the Lightning anyway but what's left to discuss?
In times when a burned car somewhere in Slovakia is the biggest news in Lightning county here's a question for y'all:

What would you answer when asked by a non-hockey fan: Who's the Lightning's best player? I mean, right now because I have tickets. Who should I watch out for?

Let's do that and go down the list.
Rules: None. The definition of "best" is entirely up to you.
Leave a post to let the world know why your pick is superior to all other picks.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I went with Kuch because he gives the best award winning speeches while showing his ankles. Also, he hockeys pretty well too.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Kucherov- because he is the highest paid player and 128 points and just won the hart trophy. He is by far our best player but Hedman is close i'd say that

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's Kucherov. Not even close, IMO. Hedman is more important to the team, but if we're just talking best player period, it's easily Kuch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's probably Hedman when put into context but that's not the answer I would give a casual. I'll vote Kucherov once for this thread and if he doesn't win then it's gonna be Heddy for me until he does.

Edit: well good he's gonna win. Heddy is next for me

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
1. Kuch
2. Hedman
3. Point
4. Stamkos

You can put Vasy somewhere in there. I won't because I hate ranking goalies with skaters.

Reactions: Todd1a

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Let’s see Hedman injury and Vasilevskiy hurt also and then got swept that does tell you the importance!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It'll probably go back and forth between Kucherov and Hedman over the next 2-3 years. Then Point, hopefully, will take over. Kuch and Hedman are arguably 2 of the top 5 players in the league.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Hedman at his best I would vote for but he always seems to get injured right as he is about to get rolling so he only plays like 10 games a season at his best possible form.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kucherov just had a semi-historic season. It's hard to go against that. I understand that he had a lot of help, but so did everybody else on the team, and none of them won three major awards in a single season.

I do think Hedman could easily be better next year, and has been better in the past, even when Kucherov was tearing it up. But Kucherov probably just had the best season in franchise history, the type of season that propels people toward the HOF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->