GDT: 2019 Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I'm not, because if everything goes right, we could. But realistically, with the departure of Barrie, this blueline needs a year to get us there.

Normally I'd agree with you but I wouldn't be surprised if Makar adapts very quickly.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Where would you play Gusev? Can he play off wing? Love to have him but shouldn't the Avs get depth G instead?

Gusev - Mackinnon - Burakovsky
Landeskog - Kadri - Rantanen
Donskoi - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto
Wilson

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Did I read that Girard is overrated? If anything I think he is criminally underrated and underappreciated around here. What he has done to this point at his age and his defensive awareness/hockey IQ this guy already is a special player that will just keep improving. He's already our 2nd best defenseman (at defending) even with Barrie

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Gusev - Mackinnon - Burakovsky
Landeskog - Kadri - Rantanen
Donskoi - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto
Wilson

Wilson won’t be a scratch in a healthy lineup. We will probably have a couple of PTOs as the 13th and 14th forwards anyhow.

Not that I want to move him, but it would likely need to be Nieto (1y @ $2m) along with somebody like Barberio (1y @ $1.45m) dumped off the roster before adding another salary.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Let’s get rid of these guys and sign a depth RHD, 3rd goalie, and 13th forward.

Mark Barberio - 1 year left at $1,450,000
Vladislav Kamenev - RFA
AJ Greer - RFA
Anton Lindholm - RFA
Sergei Boikov - RFA

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Wilson won’t be a scratch in a healthy lineup. We will probably have a couple of PTOs as the 13th and 14th forwards anyhow.

Not that I want to move him, but it would likely need to be Nieto (1y @ $2m) along with somebody like Barberio (1y @ $1.45m) dumped off the roster before adding another salary.

I'm pretty sure we could fit everyone under the cap without moving salary. If needed Barberio would get dumped, but I don't see any reason to move Nieto as I doubt Joe will be a buyer this year at the TDL.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Am I the only one with legit faith in Kamenev? I thought he was decent last year and was getting better and better untill the injury.

Of course he needs to stay healthy.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
I think he has the POTENTIAL to be a stud offensively. His vision, speed, and ability to make something out of nothing are spectacular. Tact on a few years experience on there and you could easily have a stud. He's a ways away from potentially getting there though.
Girard is suring up his defensive game 1st. He and the Avs already know the offensive potential is there. Kid just put in 2 solid seasons and just turned 21 , I expect him to be offensively dominant this year. Girard and Makar are gonna light it up.
Fasten your seat belt and hang the xXxX on gents.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm pretty sure we could fit everyone under the cap without moving salary. If needed Barberio would get dumped, but I don't see any reason to move Nieto as I doubt Joe will be a buyer this year at the TDL.

Yeah and on top of that, if the Avs move Nieto... "HOW IN THE HELL WILL WE KNOW WHERE HE'S FROM??!?!!"

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I like that Joe has seemingly taken playoff performance into consideration this summer.

Brought Willy back, who had a really good playoffs, and our two most underwhelming, underperforming and bed shitting forwards Soda and Kerfoot are gone. Brass, Ghetto and Gork all had pretty below average playoffs too and they are also gone.

Meanwhile guys like Donskoi and Kadri and PEB typically step it up come playoff time were added.

I like this new approach. Can't hack it with playoff hockey? Pack your sh...bags.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Gusev seems like a pretty low risk high reward move. Depends what VGK wants for him, but $4m/yr for a guy that will probably put up 60+ pts/yr for us.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gusev seems like a pretty low risk high reward move. Depends what VGK wants for him, but $4m/yr for a guy that will probably put up 60+ pts/yr for us.
Probably could have gotten him for the Burakovsky package :(

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I still think we need a RHD more than anything, preferably a legit Top 4 guys as well.... Makar should be on the bottom pairing starting out IMO and with the unknown of EJs health you need help on the Right Side.

Girard - EJ
Zadorov - ???
Cole - Makar

That's how I see it currently with Rosen, Connauton, and Barberio as the 7/8/9 option.

Now if the plan is for Byram to make the team then I guess you just role with 2RHD and 4 LHD but I dunnobir Byram is ready.

I would to go hard on Hamilton out of Carolina if he really is available but I dont know if that's the case.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Probably could have gotten him for the Burakovsky package :(

I thought same thing. But what’s done is done and they can both help us win games. Get it done Joe. If we do, I think we’re an experienced defense away from a cup.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Did I miss the discussion about the Avs being one of the teams that called about Aho? I thought what I saw was just wishful thinking.

Despite the appearance at about 3pm on July 1, it seems Sakic really has had a bit of a busy week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad