Ferland Wilson Donskoi
Burakovsky Dzingel Maroon
Spezza Carpenter Lazar
Ghetto Bergland Dano

Solid bottom bottom nine

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Donskoi and Ferland would be good moves. Relatively cheap, too. I know Joe said he won’t do it, but we should be able to offer sheet one of the big name RFAs, if we decide to go that route.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I really hope the Avs shore up the goaltending. Grubauer was awful for half of last season and if anything is going to cause the Avs to stumble this season it will be goaltending.

bbskiff

Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
The central yet again are rumored to be adding good players (Duchence, Zucc etc) & our big fish of the day may be Donskoi...yepeee...fml

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
In all honesty, I’m very happy with the Ferland rumor. He can do the Landy role on line 1 and we’ll never have to see Kerfoot there again. He’s obviously not as good as Landy, but he’ll do the job and create a lot of space for 296.

I'm kind of torn on that. Landeskog does so much defensively for that line it'snot funny. Ferland would be the worst defensive forward on that line which is saying something. Offensively he could get something like 25+25, but I fear they might bleed goals against as well. Donskoi might be an option there as well. Like I said, it's tough to see the top 6 materialize right now, too many unknowns.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Only thing I worry about Ferland would be injuries. Maybe Landy can sit him down and be like "Micheal, I used to be a human wrecking ball too, I realized I'll be dead at 24 if I keep this up. But when I was hurting I turned to.. Robax Platinum!" cut to sponsored Landy speech.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm kind of torn on that. Landeskog does so much defensively for that line it'snot funny. Ferland would be the worst defensive forward on that line which is saying something. Offensively he could get something like 25+25, but I fear they might bleed goals against as well. Donskoi might be an option there as well. Like I said, it's tough to see the top 6 materialize right now, too many unknowns.
If Landy hadn’t been removed from that line for the final 3rd of the season I’d be concerned about Ferland not being able to handle that role. But seeing Kerfoot fill it horribly yet seeing that line succeed so well proves to me that Nate and Mikko are legit stars that can carry anyone.

I don’t see Ferland as a downgrade on Landeskog. I see him as a major uograde on Kerfoot. Let Landy handle the workload on a horrendous second line. Feel bad for him, but he can do it. Jost in particular looked at his best with 92 insulating him.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The central yet again are rumored to be adding good players (Duchence, Zucc etc) & our big fish of the day may be Donskoi...yepeee...fml
Well, a shark is a pretty big fish.
I know sharks are not fishes.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I really hope they stay away from Ferland. He is a very average hockey player. People seem to get blinders towards him due to his size. But in reality he is pretty average. We have plenty of 2nd/3rd like tweeners, no need for another.

Reactions: Foxtail

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I really hope they stay away from Ferland. He is a very average hockey player. People seem to get blinders towards him due to his size. But in reality he is pretty average. We have plenty of 2nd/3rd like tweeners, no need for another.

He's 6'1'', not sure what is the size thing. If anything, he is undersized for how he plays. People like him because he plays hard, is a pest and can turn the tide of a playoffs series with his play like he did for Flames a few years back.

PS

Dude is actually a 1/4 of an inch taller than Landy and they have the same weight.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If Landy hadn’t been removed from that line for the final 3rd of the season I’d be concerned about Ferland not being able to handle that role. But seeing Kerfoot fill it horribly yet seeing that line succeed so well proves to me that Nate and Mikko are legit stars that can carry anyone.

I don’t see Ferland as a downgrade on Landeskog. I see him as a major uograde on Kerfoot. Let Landy handle the workload on a horrendous second line. Feel bad for him, but he can do it. Jost in particular looked at his best with 92 insulating him.

Yeah, I'd like to see our top-6 look like

Ferland-MacK-Rants
Landy-Jost-Donskoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->