Rumor: 2019 Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I hope we investigate the Gardiner situation hard. It would make great sense to us to make a high offer on shorter term. By the young group some time, avoid temptation of throwing in Byram too early. And in general a great way to use our cap space whilst we still have it. Cause in a few years we wont.

Reactions: Avs_19

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Cue the "We can't trade Jost, he's best friends with Makar!"
Current status of Mac

tenor.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope we investigate the Gardiner situation hard. It would make great sense to us to make a high offer on shorter term. By the young group some time, avoid temptation of throwing in Byram too early. And in general a great way to use our cap space whilst we still have it. Cause in a few years we wont.
Our left side is Girard, Zadorov and Cole. Byram and others will compete for Cole's spot until he comes back. Gardiner would be a huge road block, not that it has any chance of happening anyway.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Our left side is Girard, Zadorov and Cole. Byram and others will compete for Cole's spot until he comes back. Gardiner would be a huge road block, not that it has any chance of happening anyway.
There's a good chance Zadorov isn't long for this team and Cole is coming off of double hip surgery. They can fit Gardiner in.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think ideally hockey players would be a bit more honest but keep the fact that they're just on average quite boring people.

What I definitely wouldn't want though is for hockey players to start voicing their opinions more about politics or other controversial topics that have nothing to do with hockey.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Does “Hockey Buzz Ecklund” have any credibility on Twitter?

He just said Hawks and Sens have interest in Rantanen.

I’m sure everybody would have interest but those are the two most random-ass teams he could’ve picked. Hawks are right up against the cap and would need a roster overhaul to make it work. The Sens have Melnyk, and nobody has ever signed a below-market-value offersheet.

Reactions: ljb4

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think ideally hockey players would be a bit more honest but keep the fact that they're just on average quite boring people.

What I definitely wouldn't want though is for hockey players to start voicing their opinions more about politics or other controversial topics that have nothing to do with hockey.

I need to quote myself :laugh:

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019

You dont like it when nba players talk about flat earth?:D

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Saw on daters unlocked article he's heard Saigeon has tentatively agreed to a 1 year deal. Is that even possible with his age I thought he could only sign a standard elc right?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Saw on daters unlocked article he's heard Saigeon has tentatively agreed to a 1 year deal. Is that even possible with his age I thought he could only sign a standard elc right?
Yeah, no he is definitely only eligible for a 3-year ELC. Maybe Dater's heard they've agreed to an ELC and with him not knowing the sport he's covered for 25 years in the least, it's just a simple mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad