Rumor: 2019 Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He’s obviously slow and fairly useless offensively but I’m kinda on board with RIAL’s suggestion of nabbing Mcquaid on a one year deal. Probably the most feared guy to play against in the NHL. Plus he’s a right handed shot. Let him stay at home with Byram/Rosen on that third pairing.

JML used to talk about how easy he had it playing with Blake and Foote. Those guys used to tell him to go behind the net and get the puck on every dump in and they’ll make sure nobody gets near him :laugh: . Obviously the game has evolved but having Mcquaid shelter one of those young puck moving D wouldn’t be the worst situation.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Booo!!!!

@Patagonia Gardiner's issues are from too much ice and way overblown from playing in Toronto where everything is magnified. If Z played there, he'd have already been run out of town. People overstate his issues. Not saying he doesn't have them, but that is why he is a #3 and not a #1...

Reactions: cgf

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn't mind Mcquaid on a 1 yr deal. Or even Ceci if Toronto takes him to arbitration and walks.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I am surprised Ferland Dzingel and Gardiner are still around. I think Gardiner will go today and that will get the other bum UFA D to sign. But Ferland and Dzingel and Johansson might be in a mexican stand off.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I am surprised Ferland Dzingel and Gardiner are still around. I think Gardiner will go today and that will get the other bum UFA D to sign. But Ferland and Dzingel and Johansson might be in a mexican stand off.

Term and expansion draft... teams are afraid of it and are willing to wait these players out. All will probably come cheaper than thought because of it.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I’d be fine with signing McQuaid. He’s a big, tough sob. Isn’t he out with a concussion, though?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is McQauid any good though?
Not really. But he’s a good D-D passer which is all you really wish for a bottom pairing guy paired with a puck mover like Byram for example. Plus he’s arguably the most feared hitter in the league. Having one of Zadorov/Mcquaid on the ice for about 50-60% of the game is terrifying for the other team. Plus you’ll always have them paired with somebody like Makar/Girard/Byram to dance with and move the puck.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm surprised that Ferland didn't sign in Columbus and Gardiner in Montreal (yet). Those are the 2 logical fits.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
So if we are looking into expansion draft we will go 7/3/1

Mack
Landy
Rants
Kadri
Jost
JTC
Donoski

Girard
EJ* (if he waives the NMC we could protect Z or Timmins)
Makar

Could lose: Z or Timmins

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
So if we are looking into expansion draft we will go 7/3/1

Mack
Landy
Rants
Kadri
Jost
JTC
Donoski

Girard
EJ* (if he waives the NMC we could protect Z or Timmins)
Makar

Could lose: Z or Timmins

I don’t remember the nuances of the expansion rules, but would we have to protect Timmins? I didn’t think we would.

I’d also think/hope we have someone better to protect than Donskoi by the time the expansion draft rolls around.

Reactions: Richard88

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Wouldn't sign McQuaid

The Avs have a clear identity now and its speed and skill. McQuaid is slower than a turtle in quicksand with no puck skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and LTC Pain

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
With so many defensemen fighting for that #6 role - Barberio, Connauton, Graves, Rosen, and possibly Timmins and Byram - is just don’t see Colorado adding another defenseman.

Reactions: Richard88

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
I don’t remember the nuances of the expansion rules, but would we have to protect Timmins? I didn’t think we would.

I’d also think/hope we have someone better to protect than Donskoi by the time the expansion draft rolls around.
Don't need to protect Timmins, if he had played any he would have needed to be, but not now to the best of my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad