2019 Free Agent Class.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Maybe i'm missing something or not reading the chart correctly, but why would Charlie McAvoy be projected to get paid more than Trouba?

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Go big or go home. Karlsson or nothing. Would also take Panarin/Pavelski/Any of the RFA's but none of them will come here. If we can't get Karlsson, lets not get another Frans Nielsen when we strike out on the top guy.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'd say they're damn near even. I'd put them in a tier with guys like Parayko, Barrie, OEL ect

If you want to justify a bigger contract for McAvoy, the only justification there would be is that Boston wants to lock up him up with term and pay him a slightly higher dollar amount knowing that he’s still going to improve. Kind of how we handled the Larkin deal.

I don’t think he is quite Trouba’s level right now, but the age difference does lead me to believe that McAvoy might be able to progress a little further.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think he's a solid goalie who wouldn't be caught dead signing in Detroit, where 2 other 30+ year old goalies are signed for next year.

He also wants big money. I think he is about to sign for big money in Florida where they technically have two goalies that are under contract and 30+ years old. I mean this is Parise to Minny levels where everyone seems to have know the destination for a long time. I guess NY or NJ could technically enter it though I don't expect that.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Anyone else feel like Buffalo is going to regret the Skinner deal in a year or two?
Yeah I think he's overpaid by 2m annually, and for 8 years? Awful. This will end up as one of the leagues worst contracts. "but he used to be a figure skater" x10 - Ken Daniels.

Reactions: Oddbob

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
because hes better and younger?

Charlie McAvoy is considered better than Trouba? News to me I guess.

Also, usually guys with lots of RFA years remaining get less than guys who you have to cover UFA years for.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Charlie McAvoy is considered better than Trouba? News to me I guess.

Also, usually guys with lots of RFA years remaining get less than guys who you have to cover UFA years for.

McAvoy is definitely better and Im a huge Trouba fan.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The Wings showed last season what they can do with a healthy defensive core. Trouba, Werenksi and Myers are the only names on that list that really matter. One of the big name scorers would be nice, but the Wings do not have the 'draw' or cap space for that. But landing/offer sheeting 1-2 DMen is certainly feasible.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Landing Jordan Eberle or Ryan Dzingel would be pretty awesome, the RW position is one of weakness on the Wings.
Mantha and Zadina are the only scoring options, and the latter is still learning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad