Confirmed Signing with Link: 2019 Free Agency Mega-Thread

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Why would he? It would probably interfere with his new team's schedule.

Another reason why the NHL should just shut it down for this season and reload for next.
ELH would be under the transfer agreement, so if DAL was still playing when the ELH reopens and they wanted to block Polak from participating, Vitkovice wouldn't be able to do anything about it

Nill did say he won't force Polak to return though, if he's not comfortable with the idea

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Might be a stupid question here but will we maybe not see any of the big named RFAs sign until teams find out 100% sure what is going on for the future? I realize the PLAN as of now is to do this silly playoffs and then start the 2020 season later than usual... but what if all this doesnt happen as planned??? Will teams just not sign their stud RFAs(Barzal, Mantha, Sergachev etc etc and many more) until they have a 100% sure plan set in place? Like why waste a year of a contract if the season COULD still be in jeopardy. I know things should get back on pace for next season but why if it doesnt?

Obviously the players and agents will want them signed so they get paid during this but what if teams just dont? I realize that opens up the potential for offer sheets from teams but worse comes to worse at that time they just match it

Again maybe it's a silly question and I appologize if it's been talked about already!

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Any guess on what kind of contract Barzal will get? My guess is around 8.5 x 6 or 9 x 7. It’s gonna be a tough one for the Islanders I’m not sure how well their doing financially.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Unsurprisingly played junior hockey with Brandon of the WHL, which is the team current Vegas GM Kelly McCrimmon owns and operated for many years.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Do we have 2020 UFA market thread somewhere? I'd like to see how people thinks it is going down. I'm specifically interested in teams that are going to add big name UFAs.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Not yet. Since free agency isn’t until October, it’s a little early. I’m thinking late August/Early September

Are there some threads that generally discusses about cap spaces of teams? I'm specifically _not_ looking for one single certain team, but rather at the league level.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
CapFriendly does a pretty good job of that; good enough that I'm not going to try to compete with them!

With pure numbers, sure, but it doesn't discuss stuff like "Team X is not going to spend because of future stuff, but team Y has that kind of plans" or "Player Z is not interested in team A, but team B is interesting to him because he is from that city originally".

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Are there some threads that generally discusses about cap spaces of teams? I'm specifically _not_ looking for one single certain team, but rather at the league level.
You can always link or reference cap friendly when discussing a teams cap situation on this board.

If there was Ever an off season where teams with cap space should consider using it as an offersheet this would be the one with a flat salary cap.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Sean day signed a 1-year 2-way with Tampa;

Unconditionally released a while back, by NYR, from final year of ELC,
as he slid down the LHD depth chart behind
Lindgren, Hajek, Miller, Rykov, Reunanen, Robertson, Crawley, ZJones,
I guess even Ragnarsson, Sjalin.
NYR also let rights expire to 4-time WJC, 3 years in OHL Swiss LHD draftee Nico Gross, who now re-enters draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad