OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
It won't be a perfect test, but we finally get to see who was more important: Brady or Belichick.

I for one am excited.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Brady is a 43 year old man. I wouldn’t be judging legacies based on how he performs as a senior on a new team, but the media is certainly going to run with it.

If he didn't want to risk his legacy, then he should retire.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Rivers to Colts Brady to Bucs I hear. Not sure about Brady now, though Bucs (and Chargers) seem to make the most sense (other than retirement).

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If he didn't want to risk his legacy, then he should retire.
People tend to go back and forth on hating Tom Brady. This has me firmly back in the hate camp. It makes no sense whatsoever that he’s not retiring. The move just reeks of arrogance. If he legitimately believes that he still has what it takes to QB a non Belichik team to some semblance of playoff success, he’s pretty much delusional.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Brady is a 43 year old man. I wouldn’t be judging legacies based on how he performs as a senior on a new team, but the media is certainly going to run with it.

yeah he could be awful now and it’s really not going to change a thing. Not much time will be spent on his post NE career in his NFL Films doc in 15 years

Reactions: klingsor

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah Montana playing in KC is just a footnote, and he wasn't even bad there. Emmitt Smith in AZ, Unitas with the Chargers, etc. And honestly there are very few with a legacy even remotely close to Brady. He'll be remembered for what he did in NE and that's it, unless he wins another f***ing Super Bowl or something.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yeah Montana playing in KC is just a footnote, and he wasn't even bad there. Emmitt Smith in AZ, Unitas with the Chargers, etc. And honestly there are very few with a legacy even remotely close to Brady. He'll be remembered for what he did in NE and that's it, unless he wins another f***ing Super Bowl or something.
Montana was the best QB the Chiefs had between Green and Dawson lmao

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
McCoy is a really good back-up.

With that said, spending $16M on LW, $14M on Martinez, and $16M on Bradberry means we still don't have a pass rush or a starting RT.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I know the Jets need offensive line help but I feel if we pass on Jeudy or Lamb at 11 (if they're available) we will regret it for years. I don't have the numbers to back this up but I feel like high-drafted o-linemen bust at a higher rate than receivers. It seems like the skillset for a standout college receiver translates pretty well to the pros. If you're fast and can catch, that works in any league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->