2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah....I am not wasting time. I am already a Canadiens and Juventus fan. One can only take so much disappointment in their sports lives.
Well we've played 3 games in the Gold Cup and scored 12 goals. Mexico is one of the best and we kept it close with our B team.

We're not going to win the World Cup anytime soon. But winning a Gold Cup or a CONCACAF Nation's League isn't out of the question.

We demolish bad teams now. 6-0, 8-0, etc. We beat Cuba 7-0 last night.

Sep 19, 2008
Hoping China and Japan win tomorrow to setup an epic Asian showdown.
certainly would be one interesting showdown

Although to be fair Japan has made 2 straight finals so seeing someone else make the finals for once would be nice. Not another USA Japan final :confused:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah....I am not wasting time. I am already a Canadiens and Juventus fan. One can only take so much disappointment in their sports lives.
Oh and put it this way. I'm begging for my favourite team, Wolves, to sign Jonathan David. He's that good. He's 19. 9 goals in 7 games for Canada. Wolves finished 7th in the Premier League, if you don't follow that league.

Davies already plays for and has scored for Bayern Munich at 18.

Liam Millar is signed to Liverpool. 19.

Then we have some good vets still like Arfield (Rangers/Scotland), Hoilett (Cardiff City/England), Hutchinson (Beskitas/Turkey), Cavallini (Puebla/Mexico).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sad to see the Women go down, got a feeling that their is going ot be some serious regression over the next 4 years and beyond.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
That's happening here with hockey. And there's a basketball commercial as well.

It's annoying because it's basic economics. You are paid peanuts because that's what your leagues draw.
Yes but they dont understand basic economics.

Reactions: Natey

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oh and put it this way. I'm begging for my favourite team, Wolves, to sign Jonathan David. He's that good. He's 19. 9 goals in 7 games for Canada. Wolves finished 7th in the Premier League, if you don't follow that league.

I want him at Brighton!!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Although to be fair Japan has made 2 straight finals so seeing someone else make the finals for once would be nice. Not another USA Japan final :confused:
Yeah I agree with that. But France through and problem solved :D

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well we've played 3 games in the Gold Cup and scored 12 goals. Mexico is one of the best and we kept it close with our B team.

We're not going to win the World Cup anytime soon. But winning a Gold Cup or a CONCACAF Nation's League isn't out of the question.

We demolish bad teams now. 6-0, 8-0, etc. We beat Cuba 7-0 last night.

Didn't Mexico send their C or D team to this tournament?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Didn't Mexico send their C or D team to this tournament?
Well their best striker is there. Jimenez. And Mexico's C or D team is a lot different than Canada's B team. Canada does not have the depth yet to throw out 11 players that aren't their best. Mexico has a professional league that's a fairly high quality of play.

I think they were missing 4 of their better players.. but that's about it. And Jimenez has passed Hernandez as the go-to striker for Mexico anyway. One of the other players plays for FC Porto and another plays in MLS. The 4th player, they didn't even call up. Coach doesn't care for him.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.

Not seeing European teams as 7 out of the last 8 would be nice. Particularly since only 3 can make it to the Olympics.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Reality check for Canada. They will never ever be a top team in the world. The women peaked between 2011 and 2013 but that was because teams in GB and Southern Europe sucked.

Go watch youth soccer and you will see why Canada is lagging behind.
In 2016 they beat Australia, Germany, France and Brazil at the Olympics.

Sep 19, 2008
In 2016 they beat Australia, Germany, France and Brazil at the Olympics.
that was probably the best they could ever do

this year they just looked like shit all world cup. I mean they lost to Netherlands, and then they flame out of the WC against Sweden (couldn't even score a goal!)

"Netherlands is good :rolleyes:"

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-eliminated-from-fifa-women-s-world-cup-with-loss-to-sweden-1.1327867

The tournament lasted just four games for the Canadian women, with two losses to lower-ranked sides.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

this year they just looked like **** all world cup. I mean they lost to Netherlands, and then they flame out of the WC against Sweden (couldn't even score a goal!)

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-eliminated-from-fifa-women-s-world-cup-with-loss-to-sweden-1.1327867

Rankings are subjective since they are only separated by a few points.

Sweden took Olympic silver and were among the first to qualify for the WWC.

Netherlands are defending European champions.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Didn't Sweden knock the US out of the last major tournament?

The Netherlands would beat the US.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Didn't Sweden knock the US out of the last major tournament?

The Netherlands would beat the US.
We can only hope if it gets to that. Of course I would expect a torrent of flopping from Morgan et al but hopefully the Orange could overcome it.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

this year they just looked like **** all world cup. I mean they lost to Netherlands, and then they flame out of the WC against Sweden (couldn't even score a goal!)

sweden took silver in 2016 olympics and bronze in 2011 wc. we also reached semifinals in 2013 euro. we are for sure among top 10 in the world. no shame in losing to us.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That's not a Handball. IMO

every hand ball whether involuntary or not is now a PK with VAR it seems. Also Saw the highlight 1st American goal where VAR awarded a penalty which seem like anther gift. Forget about setting up plays in the penalty box to beat the goalie, just tell your players to get inside the box and fall down. It's automatic goal now. I wonder who VAR has slated to win today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad