2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
Watching this Canadian team is like watching a Mourinho team on attack. There's talent there, but there's absolutely no strategy.

It's based on long balls and wide crosses that are basically lottery shots hoping to hit the jackpot.

There is no talent at midfield or the back end. This is plaguing mens and womens football here. This country does a piss poor job developing players.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wow that is very lucky.

That was a terrible challenge. The only reason it was tough to tell (well for me viewing it live) if it was a penalty was because the challenge was so awkward.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
That could have been a red on top of the penalty the way they call those scissor like tackles nowadays. At least in the men’s game anyway.

Canada with a huge break

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean, the rule is the rule. Offside is offside. It's one of the easiest rules to implement (when you're not talking about whether an offside player is involved in the play) because there is no wiggle room; why would you want to introduce judgment calls there? There's enough madness with the other rules. It's not really saved by VAR...it's saved by the defensive line I guess.

Plus, they looked toothless. They're likely still going to lose.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Great goal line save by Lawrence but what in the world was that marking in the box...yikes

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Desiree Scott has done everything she can to win this game. She's so good.

I have no issue with Beckie taking the penalty. Sucks it didn't work. But she's a proven penalty taker, in form or not.

This Canadian team reminds me of the Men's teams of past. Dominate games until the final 8th of the field.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
So many chances but they shoot immediately. If Schmidt stops and shoots, it's at least on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->