2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
USA takes the lead after Lafont spills a long shot from Weah and it's cleaned up.

Soto almost takes it around Lafont for a potential hattrick, but Lafont cleans it up well

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He was phenomenal.

Anyway, France is out. Sorry @Evilo
No need, it's nothing new with this generation and coach.
As I've said for a while, their 3 wins weren't telling of the poor performances collectively. Individually, this is an impressive team, but there's no team play.
Lafont for instance is a fantastic keeper and on under normal circumstances, he never makes a mistake that costs his team like this. The defense is absolutely amazing individually, but they can't play together. Upamecano for example was dreadful. Those two guys are starting for Fiorentina and BVB !

Anyway, congrats USA, and in the end I'm not unhappy myself because this team (AND COACH) needs those kind of defeats to progress.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That said, losing while dominating this much is reminiscent of the U17 Italy loss in the semis last month. So this is good experience.

Also happy Gouiri scored yet another one. What a poacher.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No need, it's nothing new with this generation and coach.
As I've said for a while, their 3 wins weren't telling of the poor performances collectively. Individually, this is an impressive team, but there's no team play.
Lafont for instance is a fantastic keeper and on under normal circumstances, he never makes a mistake that costs his team like this. The defense is absolutely amazing individually, but they can't play together. Upamecano for example was dreadful. Those two guys are starting for Fiorentina and BVB !

Anyway, congrats USA, and in the end I'm not unhappy myself because this team (AND COACH) needs those kind of defeats to progress.
Zagadou played fairly well I thought, including going forward. Lafont seemed like he was trying to do too much with that Weah shot. He seemed like he was trying to catch it when he could have just parried it away.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zagadou played well. But Upamecano... ouch. This team has Ndicka, Zagadou, Kamara, Upamecano, Basila, all tremendous pro defensemen. Their goalie is a 4 year pro who's starting and among the best in Serie A. Yet they couldn't stop the US from scoring 3 times on 3 plays.
That's pretty awful.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Mali ties up Argentina! 25 minutes to go....great header off a set piece.

Was waiting for Argentina to score a 2nd goal so I could turn it off....game on now.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s been a very good game. Mali was probably a bit unlucky to be down. I think the scoreline right now is a fair indication of play.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barco is a bitch. Pathetic diving on every bit of contact. Should’ve rolled with Almada as at least a plan B.

There’s some wonderful coaches from Argentina across the globe yet they never seem to have a good coach at any level of the NT. AFA really have their finger on the pulse lol. Shambles

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh look another Barco clutching his face and leg which is it boy? His fault for a making a terribleness pass. Where Almada

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Wow. Mali levels it in the 120th with a quicker taken set piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad