SSF

Oct 5, 2017
That is a great way to start the 2nd half

Soto with his 2nd of the game

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Great win today. Got lucky/unlucky with VAR today, but overall a solid win. Soto's goal to start the half was what that team needed after ending the first half poorly.

Sep 19, 2008
As a neutral observer Portugal - Argentina should be a good match this afternoon. Underway.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
As a neutral observer Portugal - Argentina should be a good match this afternoon. Underway.
TSN pulled this match at the last minute and are playing an off-season edition of leafs lunch :facepalm:

The TV listings still show the soccer gane and the host even mentioned that they thought they were only on radio today and were only prepped for TV at the last minute.

Off to find a stream.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
TSN
TSN pulled this match at the last minute and are playing an off-season edition of leafs lunch :facepalm:

The TV listings still show the soccer gane and the host even mentioned that they thought they were only on radio today and were only prepped for TV at the last minute.

Off to find a stream.[/QUOTE

TSN DISASTER. I can't stand beyong stupid talk shows on sports tv, now we get idiotic hockey talk for people with no lives instead of Portugal-Argentina??? And they show Panama-France...[/QUOTE]

Sep 19, 2008
Argentina scores, it's 1-0 32 minutes in. Portugal allows their first goal of the tournament.

Adolfo Gaich.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I thought Portugal was the favourite in this tournament. Argentina didn't look out of place and held the ball for the majority. From what I saw Portugal rarely threatened. I either underrated Argentina or overrated Portugal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Perez seals it they should now be the top of the table even if the captain misses next game. Really impressed with how compact and sounds defensively they were. Unlike last game where they were a little shaky. Roffo continues to be a weak link tho

Gaich another nvm offside

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see Zagadou scored for France. Good to see. He needs to work on his goal-scoring. He can never get the ball on target when he wins headers on set pieces.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France are through after their 2-0 win over Panama. Still not convinced by anything outside the D and Cuisance. Diaby has his moments and Gouiri can finish. But this team is simply not well coached.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I thought Portugal was the favourite in this tournament. Argentina didn't look out of place and held the ball for the majority. From what I saw Portugal rarely threatened. I either underrated Argentina or overrated Portugal.
They played well and did have some nice chances from around the 10 minute mark to the first goal they conceded, (probably the best 20-25 mins they’ve played so far in the tournament) but outside of that, and including the first game which was a 1-0 win over SKorea, they’ve been very poor.

As I mentioned after the first game, someone would never guess based on current form that this group won the Euro U17 and U19 back to back.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
France are through after their 2-0 win over Panama. Still not convinced by anything outside the D and Cuisance. Diaby has his moments and Gouiri can finish. But this team is simply not well coached.
Looks like odds are that France will play the USA next in round unless Nigeria beat the Ukraine and somehow Qatar gets something against the usa

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Awful showing by CONCACAF so far (USA will probably advance as they play Qatar) but the champs Mexico lost all three games while today Honduras lost 12:0 to Norway. While Honduras did finish the match with 9 men the score was out of hand before both red cards and its not like Norway are some superpower either. Tahiti performed more admirably and they were in a group with the hosts + Colombia/Senegal

Norway's Haaland scored 9 goals in the match btw

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
pDdLnJ3.png

Reactions: Roman Fell

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What an awful game by the Americans. Awful coaching and awful individual play. If they play like that against France they'll get run out of the building. Nice goal by Weah, but was mostly invisible throughout the game. Having Durkin and Mendez missing out of next game will force Ramos to rotate more.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton's own U23 defender Leo Östigard also chipped in with a goal in Norway's U-20 record scoring game. Hats off to Haaland

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Norway’s Erling Haland is now the golden boot leader for this tournament with 9 goals, all scored in the 12-0 stomping of Honduras.

He’s 6 goals up on Colombia’s Juan Hernandez and Senegal’s Amadou Sagna (who has looked very good) who are tied for 2nd with 3 goals apiece.

Reactions: Roman Fell

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
More than pleased to see Honduras get destroyed...means their senior mens team will not have much in the pipeline.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Naturally FIFA are investigating the Honduras match. That was my first thought as well honestly, though you can also argue I guess Honduras being demoralized while Norway still played 100%, still look at the highlights, total lack of effort

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Final group stage games wrapping up.

With half hr left, Portugal and South Africa are tied at 1 and South Korea is up 2-0 on Argentina. These score lines, should they remain would see Portugal knocked out of the competition the group stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad