Euro: 2019 Europa League Finals:

Who takes home the trophy?

• Total voters

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I mean, sell Lacazette and get 80ish. The problem is who pays that.

Bellerin healthy would have brought some money. Xhaka maybe you can get 10-15 back.

The problem is stripping for parts means people to replace

They can’t sell Laca. I think that would accelerate their fall downward.

They need a new investor who will spend more because the other manager wasted tons of the owners money. It’s really as simple as that I’m afraid. They’re in Milan territory at this point where they spent so much money on absolute garbage that the owner doesn’t want to spend more.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will disagree. Auba can score enough against trash sides to keep them in the top 8, and Emery can navigate the Europa with trash.

Sell off what you can and keep buying and developing some of the Guendouzi Torreira level players. Emphasize the Academy again. See if you can move Ozil at a loss. Major loss.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I can actually see both Milan teams being interested in him.

Agreed but unfortunately I don't think either team could pay much if anything as far as a transfer fee due to FFP. I doubt Arsenal gives him away and also eats 100-150k a week in wages to get him to leave. China might be their only hope and even that is probably wishful thinking.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I will disagree. Auba can score enough against trash sides to keep them in the top 8, and Emery can navigate the Europa with trash.

Sell off what you can and keep buying and developing some of the Guendouzi Torreira level players. Emphasize the Academy again. See if you can move Ozil at a loss. Major loss.

Surely Aubameyang would be likelier to go, given he turns 30 this summer and supposedly has his £15 million 'loyalty' bonus that he lands if he sees out his contract.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Garbage. f*** this team. If spurs win final i think im gonna stop following for a while Lol.

Chelsea have eclipsed Arsenal as a bigger team.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I would sell Ozil, Xhaka, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Auba, Mkhi and build from there. Sign a young CB or two, sign Ziyech, sign a young winger or two.

And have Kroenke sell.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Agreed but unfortunately I don't think either team could pay much if anything as far as a transfer fee due to FFP. I doubt Arsenal gives him away and also eats 100-150k a week in wages to get him to leave. China might be their only hope and even that is probably wishful thinking.
A wealthy Turkish team would be ideal.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Surely Aubameyang would be likelier to go, given he turns 30 this summer and supposedly has his £15 million 'loyalty' bonus that he lands if he sees out his contract.
I just think the return for him is way less. Lacazette at least might have a top club or two who wanted him. Aubameyang doesn’t have a top club after him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That a h2h Europe trophy isn’t the end all be all of who’s bigger.
No, but Chelsea won the CL - a trophy we will never see Arsenal win in our lifetime.

They've won the Europa League multiple times.

The European pedigree is what separates the two clubs.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No, but Chelsea won the CL - a trophy we will never see Arsenal win in our lifetime.

They've won the Europa League multiple times.

The European pedigree is what separates the two clubs.
The Blues just made it to the Stanley Cup. Too soon to say that about arsenal. Arsenal is in the same position Liverpool was a few years ago.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The Blues just made it to the Stanley Cup. Too soon to say that about arsenal. Arsenal is in the same position Liverpool was a few years ago.
No they aren't... Liverpool hired Klopp who had the team playing a good style of play.

BTW Chelsea winning the Europa league h2h is just cherry on top, not to mention Wayne Bridge at Highbury against our BEST team ever.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No they aren't... Liverpool hired Klopp who had the team playing a good style of play.

BTW Chelsea winning the Europa league h2h is just cherry on top, not to mention Wayne Bridge at Highbury against our BEST team ever.
That’s kinda my point. One good managerial hire is all it takes

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That’s kinda my point. One good managerial hire is all it takes
Just because Liverpool happened to sign arguably the best manager in the world, we shouldn't expect any Europa league club to replicate that.

Do you recall how many managers Liverpool cycled through since Rafa?

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Was rooting for Arsenal but Chelsea has more world-class, big-game players and deserved to win.

Looking forward to the main event on Saturday.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Just because Liverpool happened to sign arguably the best manager in the world, we shouldn't expect any Europa league club to replicate that.

Do you recall how many managers Liverpool cycled through since Rafa?
Let me try...
King Kenny, Roy Hodgson, Brendan Rodgers? Not that many?

I am missing anybody? Not that big of a list to be honest. There are some great coach with great ideas you just have to find the right guy. I think Arsenal should use their young player and get players in their early 20's to get competitive soon. I mean just a couple years ago Liverpool were a dumpster. The problem is that I don't think Unay Emery is the right guy, funny enough they need another Arsene Wenger a teacher that is willing to give young talent a fair shot. I think it is a 3 years project but it is doable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Emery gets far too much hate here, but he screams like a manager who was willing to accept Arsenal’s demands as a self-sustaining budget team. Mislintat probably saw his limitations here and decided to move on.

You lot think that a big manager would come to us? This is the start of the downfall and it isn’t exact Emery’s fault, but he doesn’t have enough talent to raise us with a limited budget.

Look at United, they don’t do **** since SAF and they still spend an absurd amount. If Arsenal had United’s budget we’re talking about a CL dynasty here.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think we were worse off than Arsenal, but there's a key difference between the two.

Liverpool were bad but had a lot of good players who contributed to strong seasons around Europe and in the league playing like garbage. They also signed a bust (Benteke) they were able to sell for a great price which allowed them to sign another 30m in players. What they needed were catalysts and the money they made from sales allowed them to sign them.

Arsenal are not remotely as bad but they have their good players playing great. I couldn't imagine Auba scoring more and couldn't imagine Lacazette being better, he has been fantastic. They have more bad players than we had as well. I don't really know what that means for Arsenal and their situation is more like Milan than ours. In England anyway, none of the former solidified top four have ever had this problem. When Liverpool dived out of the top four for the first time, the reasons were a more tricky culprit where a great player had his career ruined by injuries. This one is a case of Arsenal buying big money players who weren't as good as Wenger thought they were, as happened at Milan.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad