Euro: 2019 Europa League Finals:

Who takes home the trophy?

• Total voters

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Good send off for Hazard. He can leave a winner and go to Real on a positive note, exceeding 20 goals for the first time at Chelsea.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
They went through a generation where top clubs spent far more effort on buying from abroad instead of investing in youth. That's been changing the last 5-10 years and there's a crop of young talent coming up that look to be very good.

Another issue is that arguably no established footballing nation is slower than the English to notice when a once-good idea ceases to work.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They went through a generation where top clubs spent far more effort on buying from abroad instead of investing in youth. That's been changing the last 5-10 years and there's a crop of young talent coming up that look to be very good.
Yeah, England has a pretty solid group of players to build around now. There was a big gap between the Lampard/Gerrard/Terry/etc. years and the now Kane/Sterling/Sancho/etc. years.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Oooh, four thousand posts exactly with that last one.

Presumably you'll club together and buy me a carriage clock to commemorate the milestone.

No cheapskating and leaving Ozil on my doorstep instead. Or Arsenal's defence, for that matter.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal now has a 40m net transfer budget supposedly. Not sure what they could sell to recoup funds but the situation is obviously not good.

They need an enormous overhaul.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Oooh, four thousand posts exactly with that last one.

Presumably you'll club together and buy me a carriage clock to commemorate the milestone.

No cheapskating and leaving Ozil on my doorstep instead. Or Arsenal's defence, for that matter.

Sorry, but if you're looking to get a carriage clock for 4000 posts then there's no way you can afford an Ozil anyway.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yikes, I honestly don't know what to think or if there is anything to say. We honestly suck.

And it's not like Chelsea played amazing and dominated the game, some weak goals by future-Chelsea payroll coach Petr Cech and when Arsenal didn't score in the first half when they were the better team, it was Chelsea's game to win.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I understand that the actual good pundits probably prefer to stay in their own country instead of moving to the States, but I really hope that these idiotic producers finally realize that we don't want it Americanized, we just want quality. Even with the international pundits that they bring in, it's still not great quality, just look at ESPN FC, they had plenty of bad takes this season with Sarri.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I understand that the actual good pundits probably prefer to stay in their own country instead of moving to the States, but I really hope that these idiotic producers finally realize that we don't want it Americanized, we just want quality.
Bleacher Report doing the broadcast in general is a complete joke.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Bleacher Report doing the broadcast in general is a complete joke.
Agreed. It seems like they've been trying to up their game lately though and move from low-end college student blog writing to an actual professional business. If they succeed then great, I don't hold anything against them, just don't do what everyone else has been doing. Unfortunately, it looks like they are following that path.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Woof. I guess that’s more in the Lichtensteiner dumpster diving range.

I don’t know what to say. It’s not like they have a lot of players they can sell to get more money. At least Klopp had some good players who were coached poorly when he started, and Arsenal has some good players too but those players are already performing well and being screwed over by their teammates. You can’t possibly start off by selling them. If I was a Gunner I’d be starting a Kroenke out campaign.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I legitimately cannot remember Ozil touching the ball this game.
Every 50/50 ball he loses. Every time he loses the ball he gives up. His body language is absolutely terrible out there.

One of the worst players who had some talent I've ever seen in any sport. I might boycott if he's still in an Arsenal kit next season. I can't believe people here have defended him in the past.
Being an arsenal fan is the worst.

Giroud goes down remarkably easily.
You can say that a million times. Being mediocre is worst than actually being truly bad.

Meh, Lacazette went down easy all game long too. He was looking for contact on the Kepa challenge and it would've been a free goal if he stayed on his feet.
I could also see Valencia being interested, or Milan. But if he leaves Arsenal are paying most of his wages anyway. Such a bad contract.
You can thank Wenger and Ivan for that.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, sell Lacazette and get 80ish. The problem is who pays that.

Bellerin healthy would have brought some money. Xhaka maybe you can get 10-15 back.

The problem is stripping for parts means people to replace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->