2019 Entry Draft Thread (The Final Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol in no universe is Mete better defensively than York and he is not stronger than him either, he’s terribly weak.
In the universe that Mete is three years older and playing in a NHL top 4, Id say its pretty likely. Unless you think York can play in the NHL tomorrow and do better than Mete? If so he should be a top 10 lock.

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
Does anyone which channel will air the draft tomorrow ? I've looked up RDS' schedule and it looks like they won't be presenting it...

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
Not a fan of RDS either, was just easier to access RDS than TVA Sports (which is an extra for most telecom companies).

Looks like I will be listening to Sportsnet :)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Man, so we have it narrowed down to about 12 guys to take at 15.

Someone raised a good point, and I had noticed this, that the Habs have not take an undersized D in round 1. Wonder if that holds.

We have to go for a guy with top upside. We really need that. Cant aim for mediocre players.

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
FWIW, Harley, McMichael and Kaliyev(shocker) had weak interviews, apparently. Which I suppose goes in line with the pace concerns each seem to have.
Harley having a bad interview is suprising as high as some people seem to be on him, this would seem to indicate he isn't an option at 15

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
In the universe that Mete is three years older and playing in a NHL top 4, Id say its pretty likely. Unless you think York can play in the NHL tomorrow and do better than Mete? If so he should be a top 10 lock.

At the same age. I would figure that is abundantly obvious when comparing prospects to current NHLers. But here we are.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Okay but Mete was a 4th rounder.. York is a projected 1st rounder.

Okay? My point is Mete can’t be the long term solution on the top pairing. Someone piped in saying he’s better than York, which is asinine if we are talking potential.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Go on youtube, type taiwan hockey, you can watch a couple of the last U18 games, I suggest you to watch the gold medal game, Broberg was an absolute beast out there...

The little I saw I generally liked but I get the concerns. His tools are really good but maybe not quite good enough to be a real top producer. Still his floor just looks really good to me. Even if the offense doesn't FULLY translate I think that's a damn good D man there. He feels like a guy who's a safe pick but also has legit upside.

I'd be happy with him but I just haven't seen the plays where he looks low IQ to have my opinion worth much. I think I'd rather Seider but I haven't seen enough of him either. As far as D goes I think those are the only guys I'd be happy with. Really hoping for a forward to fall. Horrible feeling we're picking York though. I'd trade down to pick Lassi though. At least there's exciting tools there.

Probably won't be able to watch that before the draft. Thanks for the heads up though.

Reactions: Goldenhands

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
"Canadiens are proud to select..."

WTK:
DismalLoathsomeDrever-size_restricted.gif

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Montreal needs offense, talent... did I say skill? We need someone that wants to score on that power play, we need movement with the puck in the defensive zone (reason for Benn to go besides too much money).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad