2019 Entry Draft Thread Part XII

Choose Our 9 Picks For The 2019 NHL Draft (Here Or In The 2019's Official Habs Mock Draft Topic)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Decent, aside from his size and skating, Harley's game is pretty raw, his slap shot isn't hard, he isn't what I would call a creative player, his 2-way game needs to be polished, doesn't play as physical as you would like, had good numbers, but he was placed in a position to succeed with Mississauga, over half his points were on the PP. Nonetheless, nothing translates as well as size and speed, when you factor the age, there is clearly a lot of potential in his game, on top of his floor being quite high.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Not sure why the goalie talk - 0% chance Habs pick Knight at #15, especially with Primeau killing it.
Barring a faller, I really believe the only real options they are considering in no particular order are:

1. Heinola
2. Seider
3. Broberg
4. Harley
5. Tomasino
6. Poulin
7. York

Yes that doesn't really narrow it down that much, I know.
I think it could be a perfect year for a trade down to still get one of these guys, perhaps with LA #22 + #33 if there is someone they covet to move up for.

Reactions: Frank JT

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I don't want a goalie with our 1st pick, but, if they pick Knight, so be it, won't be too happy with the organization, but won't ever wish bad luck on a kid.

Still, we have wayyy bigger needs up front.

And while we need quality LHDs, those are more pressing needs with the big club -now-, not in a couple years, so while we'll need some eventually in our pipeline (love Romanov, and think Harris may surprise if everything goes right), I don't think it's as much a need as another good, skilled forward prospect. And there will be plenty of interesting ones when our pick will come.

And while I think that we won't ever have too many Centers, especially skilled ones, we still need skill/size on the wings, given the composition of our team.

Just to be sure, I'm not a 'size advocate' over everything, but we'll need some if we want to have some success in the playoffs in the future...

Reactions: Runner77

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Good article, thanks for the share. Still think he’s the guy if Broberg and Seider aren’t there.

He’s got the tools you are looking for. He’s shown incredible progression. He’s less than a month away from being 2020 eligible. He stood out on a very average team. I think his defensive mishaps are overblown, like that turnover against the Czechs - he fanned on a puck. It happens.

The upside is Chabot/Klingberg, the downside is Matheson/Gardiner? I’d take that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good article, thanks for the share. Still think he’s the guy if Broberg and Seider aren’t there.

Personally, he is one of my favourite and he is 3rd behind Broberg and Byram. I love the tools that he have

Wondering where you would have Heinola in your rankings? Some posters here seem to have Heinola ranked ahead of Broberg and Seider.

Knight should go where Oettinger or Demko went. The hype train on him is out of control.

Best case scenario for the Habs is that Knight goes in the top 14.

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wondering where you would have Heinola in your rankings? Some posters here seem to have Heinola ranked ahead of Broberg and Seider.

I have Byram, Broberg, Seider, Harley and Bjornfot ahead of Heinola.

He’s good in the offensive zone, but defensively he lacks quick decision-making when he’s under pressure and doesn’t have the acceleration needed to cover for mistakes as effectively as the others.

Also might have Kolyachonok ahead of him too but I haven’t seen enough of him.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Bolduc s’attend à être réclamé quelque part entre le milieu du deuxième tour et le troisième tour. Or, le Canadien parlera trois fois dans cette phase du repêchage (46e, 50e, 77e).

FWIW, he believes he's going to fall within the Habs's wheelhouse of picks.

How likely might he be off the board before the 46th pick?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bolduc s’attend à être réclamé quelque part entre le milieu du deuxième tour et le troisième tour. Or, le Canadien parlera trois fois dans cette phase du repêchage (46e, 50e, 77e).

Looks like he's going to be within the Habs's wheelhouse of picks.

Looks like he's going to be within the Habs's wheelhouse of picks.

Or that comment:

Ça serait vraiment incroyable, je pourrais retrouver Joël Bouchard. Ça serait spécial de sortir avec cette équipe-là. J’avais une très bonne relation avec Joël. Il ne passait pas par quatre chemins pour te dire quelque chose, et je trouvais ça correct. »

I think he will be there at 46

Heinola's mobility does worry me, which is what's keeping me from ranking him as high as I would like. Small dmen really need to be above average quick in my book.

I have the same concern with Heinola. I love all the other part of his game but his lack of speed/Size/strength make him above the 3 others that I like

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Heinola has no more lack of speed than York has, and both are elite level skater anyway.

Its a weird conundrum where every body equates not having McDavid speed to being an average skater. Ive watched Heinola about twenty times and not once have I ever said "If he was faster he wouldve been better off."

FWIW, he believes he's going to fall within the Habs's wheelhouse of picks.

Hes going to be there for sure at 46, but so will one of Robertson (N &M), kolyonochok, Bjornfot, Knyazev, Jones, Thomson, Korczak, Hoglander, Holmstrom, Rees, Spence, Misyul, Johansson, Firstov, and I think theyre all better picks than Bolduc.

77 would be perfect though, hes the quebec kid and it appeases the mind of the Q clan,

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Heinola has no more lack of speed than York has, and both are elite level skater anyway.

Its a weird conundrum where every body equates not having McDavid speed to being an average skater. Ive watched Heinola about twenty times and not once have I ever said "If he was faster he wouldve been better off."
Your 100 % right about the Mcdavid thing im not sure how exactly the not being the best skater in the nhl= average skating but it's one of the dumbest things i've seen on these boards it has absolutely zero basis in reality.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hes going to be there for sure at 46, but so will one of Robertson (N &M), kolyonochok, Bjornfot, Knyazev, Jones, Thomson, Korczak, Hoglander, Holmstrom, Rees, Spence, Misyul, Johansson, Firstov, and I think theyre all better picks than Bolduc.

77 would be perfect though, hes the quebec kid and it appeases the mind of the Q clan,

Where do you see Bolduc’s ceiling at?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

He needs to be a plus skater at his size. He’s not. That’s all. He’s not slow, but his acceleration is not particularly good.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Where do you see Bolduc’s ceiling at?

Tough to say, he surely has the physical tools to be a good one, but its less about him, its others above him that just have special tools that could make them great.

Anything from AHL to top pair is possible with him, the range is great for sure, but thats why I wouldnt pick him too early.

He needs to be a plus skater at his size. He’s not. That’s all. He’s not slow, but his acceleration is not particularly good.

Hes 5'11, he may even be 6'.. hes not Mete small, hes the same size as Markov was and a better skater.
York, Soderstrom, Bjornfot, Kolyonochok, etc are not better skaters than Heinola is, theyre all very good.

Weird misconceptions that comes from people not actually watching him or jumping to conclusion rather than actually evaluating his tools. Ive seen him skate around the offensive zone with the puck on his stick like if it was on a string, using quick changes of direction and his great agility to beat defenders. Ive also never seen him get in trouble because he wasnt a fast enough skater. Ive seen him get in trouble because he played the right side and he had trouble on his off-hand, Ive seen him have trouble because hes 17 and he got manhandled by opponents, but never because of his skating.

The guy played some of the toughest, if not the toughest minutes of anyone in the draft in a pro league and did great, actually better than any Finn defender since the mid 80s and he gets no respect because people like to parrot pre-made opinions on a player, its annoying.

Its kinda like the Tkachuk lack of goalscoring last year. It was said once or twice as an exaggeration and now it has gone off the rail and it seems to be a reality, its not.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad