2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, okay, you guys are going to have to explain this Dylan Cozens thing to me, cuz I don't get it.
Whats so hard to see ? You don't see his blazing speed, huge body, crazy shooting skills, physicality and overall nose for the net ? He's surely not a dipsy doodler like Dach, but he's much more effective. If you want to draft Drouin go ahead and get the Dachness but Cozens all about getting shit done.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Whats so hard to see ? You don't see his blazing speed, huge body, crazy shooting skills, physicality and overall nose for the net ? He's surely not a dipsy doodler like Dach, but he's much more effective. If you want to draft Drouin go ahead and get the Dachness but Cozens all about getting **** done.
I had a man crush for Cozens first time I saw him play last U18, liked Dach but Cozens is just a bulldozer out there, reminds me a bit of Austin Matthews, so strong on the puck...

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Whats so hard to see ? You don't see his blazing speed, huge body, crazy shooting skills, physicality and overall nose for the net ? He's surely not a dipsy doodler like Dach, but he's much more effective. If you want to draft Drouin go ahead and get the Dachness but Cozens all about getting **** done.

I actually don't see those. What do you think his best game in the WHL has been? The one that you think makes the best case for him as a future 1C?

Cozens was head and shoulder my favorite at the last U18, liked Dach but Cozens is just a bulldozer out there, reminds me a bit of Austin Matthews, so strong on the puck...

You mean the Hlinka?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I actually don't see those. What do you think his best game in the WHL has been? The one that you think makes the best case for him as a future 1C?

You mean the Hlinka?
Yep I think so, it was last summer if Im not wrong with krebs centering the first line with Lafreniere and Dach as wingers... Cozens was centering the second line, not sure who his linemates were, maybe Suzuki but Im not sure, anyway I fell in love with his playing style... Big body center that skate like the wind and can do everything on the ice... The kid plays a strong 200 ft game like Poehling but has better offensive tools and a better shot...

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
That might be it, then. I didn't watch the Hlinka and from the highlights he had a very good tournament.
He scored some clutch goals, was used on the second PP wave, first PK unit and was relied on to play against the top opposite lines...

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Yep I think so, it was last summer if Im not wrong with krebs centering the first line with Lafreniere and Dach as wingers... Cozens was centering the second line, not sure who his linemates were, maybe Suzuki but Im not sure, anyway I fell in love with his playing style... Big body center that skate like the wind and can do everything on the ice... The kid plays a strong 200 ft game like Poehling but has better offensive tools and a better shot...
He played with Mutala and Pelletier then they dropped Pelletier down at some point for I think it was Williams or Holloway. Suzuki manned the 3rd line, though they did play together on the 2nd PP unit.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He played with Mutala and Pelletier then they dropped Pelletier down at some point for I think it was Williams or Holloway. Suzuki manned the 3rd line, though they did play together on the 2nd PP unit.
Yep I now recall the immediate chimestry he had with Holloway when he moved on his line, both big kids that can skate, it was a natural match...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No and I dont mind since Im pretty certain of what he is made of and what the team that draft him will get, cant go wrong with this kid...

I've exclusively watched him in the WHL and...yeah, I was unimpressed enough to ask the audience. I'll watch some more games.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I've exclusively watched him in the WHL and...yeah, I was unimpressed enough to ask the audience. I'll watch some more games.
How many games did you watch him play? Did you watch some consecutive games or some random ones?

I will try to buy one on CHL live to tell you if I still like him as much as I liked him at the Hlinka... CHL streams are often pretty bad so hopefully I will catch a watchable one...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How many games did you watch him play? Did you watch some consecutive games or some random ones?

I will try to buy one on CHL live to tell you if I still like him as much as I liked him at the Hlinka...

I've seen 5 WHL games of his in total. 3 from last year, and 2 from this year. The two this year that I watched were against Kootenay and against Calgary. The Calgary one is available for free on prospectshifts.com.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

You mean the Hlinka?

I'll be completely transparent and say that I haven't watched a whole lot of him since Christmas. I don't keep track of the date of games I watch sadly, the last game I caught of his was against the Ice and maybe last week ? Had a goal and took a lot of shots if I recall correctly. His play earlier in the season was nice, too. Bonus: Krebs had a good game too, I think he scored or had an assist.
Def check out the U18 tourney. He was great there.

Transparency moment number two, I'm not exactly sure that he's your type of player. He can be really meat and potatoes at times.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'll be completely transparent and say that I haven't watched a whole lot of him since Christmas. I don't keep track of the date of games I watch sadly, the last game I caught of his was against the Ice and maybe last week ? Had a goal and took a lot of shots if I recall correctly. His play earlier in the season was nice, too. Bonus: Krebs had a good game too, I think he scored or had an assist.
Def check out the U18 tourney. He was great there.

I think we watched the same game. That was the better of the two games that I watched. The one against Calgary ended up in his highlight reel, but that particular play is all he did that game.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think we watched the same game. That was the better of the two games that I watched. The one against Calgary ended up in his highlight reel, but that particular play is all he did that game.
He is a goalscorer that can somewhat go "cold" but he's still effective on the ice. He also tends to somewhat fall into a grinding game, from what I've seen.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
In similar fashion to a player like Romanov, Cozens' not elite on skill alone but can skate his way in and out of every situation he needs to. Combined with the high pace he plays at, it elevates his game more than raw skill would suggest.

The lack of finesse will likely prevent him from being a higher end #1 center but if you told me he'd be a 25-30 goal, 60 point do everything #1B, I'd believe it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->